Second Skin Audio

Weird problem! Subs seem lower in volume

Pauly1987

I had a friend read his voltage from somewhere in the front of the car. I don't remember where it was.

Long story short his amp was playing quiet/shutting off even though his voltage *looked* good. Well come to find out he had a bad connection giving him some serious front-to-back voltage drop. So the amp was playing off the rear battery and was going into low voltage protect.

All that to say: you might have a similar issue

Perfect example of why we're telling you to test your voltage at the amp. I'm sure you get it by now.

wouldn't really recommend you having a dmm always hooked up to your amps power terminals.

you'd be much better off getting a stinger volt meter or something like that mounted by your steering wheel/headunit, with the wires attached at the amp.

wouldn't really recommend you having a dmm always hooked up to your amps power terminals.

you'd be much better off getting a stinger volt meter or something like that mounted by your steering wheel/headunit, with the wires attached at the amp.

For the sake of debugging, a DMM will do him just fine IMHO

Update:

Connected my ddm to the amp

Volts with no music 14.7

Volts playing music at idle 13.2

Volts at 2200rpm 14.2

Only played it for maybe 50 secs not long enough for me to notice or here the subs begin to lower in volume! It's late dont wana piss neighbors off!

Side not!!!!

Bolt on battery in back were a little lose so I tightened everything back down!

ALSO

I'm using cheap terminals cups that i took off a prefab box! on the box! Could I be heating those things up and losing power there? As I'm sure there not meant to be transferring 2500w lol

I'm using 8 gage power wire as my speaker wire if that helps

Side not!!!!

Bolt on battery in back were a little lose so I tightened everything back down!

ALSO

I'm using cheap terminals cups that i took off a prefab box! on the box! Could I be heating those things up and losing power there? As I'm sure there not meant to be transferring 2500w lol

I'm using 8 gage power wire as my speaker wire if that helps

not the greatest thing to do imo i have seen ppl melt them i also believe they add unnecessary resistance cause they are another connection

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived