Well I survived my first competition

RobertR

So I survived. Everybody there (minus the one intoxicated fool) was surprisingly helpful and were polite enough to hide their laughter. I got a bunch of really good advice.

So on to the important stuff. Numbers. In my "qualifying" run I put up a monster number....137. Found a guy from a local shop that hooked me up with his O scope and clamping gear. Found out I was only pushing around 900 watts. Got it up to 1400 watts with very very minor clipping. Also found out im louder with my trunk open which I found to be very strange since im not sealed. YET

Run number two....140 flat. PROGRESS!!! Feeling better about my second run. Especially since 3rd place only put up 139.9.

Too bad the 140 didnt mean shit as far as the competition goes. They took everybody's scores from the "qualifying run" instead of the actual head to head scores which were higher. This is were I got a little confused. Why call it a "qualifying" round if they are going to use your all of the scores? I was under the impression that the qualifying round was only to see who you would go up against in the actual competition. I know its all for fun and I made damn sure to congradulate everybody that placed higher then I did and overall I had a really good time. I will be a little better prepared for my next comp on the 27th of this month.

And just out of curiousity....Whats your opinion on 140.0 out of a trunk with 2 sa-12's?

BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Good stuff man!

Comps aren't that scary thing that people make them out to be. Where I am they end up being huge hangouts with friends and tons of demoing with a little bit of competing and trophies lol

Yeah thats pretty much what this turned into. A bunch of people getting together for demo's and a competition broke out.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

What kind of power and what frequency was the burp at?

Also as said before, comps aren't as bad as people think their first time going. My first time going I was shaking and nervous as hell haha. But then I learned almost everybody is out there for just the love of the hobby! Not to talk shit and bash on everybodies car. I don't think of them as comps anymore, just huge hangouts haha

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

what type of car?...140 on lowish power isn't bad honestly...

sealing it all forward into the cabin of the vehicle could help bump up your score...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Not a bad score IMO

Thanks. Im planning on switching out my re xtx 3000.1 for a pair of strapped DD m1c's but I would like to add a little more to my electrical first. Im still on stock alternator and single battery. I have been reluctant to mess with my electrical because its a vented system. Im going to switch to a sealed battery in the next few days so I can add a kenetik KHC 1800 and eventually replace stock alternator for something with a little more hair on its ass. Im hoping to be able to have all this done ( except the alt ) by the next comp on the 27th.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

what type of car?...140 on lowish power isn't bad honestly...

sealing it all forward into the cabin of the vehicle could help bump up your score...

1994 bmw 325i. I am going to play around a bit with sealing it off next weekend. I finally have access to a TL with out having to pay shop prices so we will see how it turns out.

re xxx components

re 6.5 FR's

2 RE XXX 12's

2 US amps MD3D's

2 batcap 4k's

Archived