Different classes?

Hey guys, so I'm going to a car meet this weekend and there's going to be a Termlab there. I was just wondering what types of classes and such there are in terms of whether you have to be completely sealed up, windows down, doors open, trunk open etc. I've never metered it before and haven't really watched any competitions so I don't know what the rules and such are.

If anybody can post a link to a page that describes the different rules and such (I think I've seen things like usaci, outlaw and different types of scores like that but don't know what means what) or just explain it themselves that'd be great. Pretty excited to see how loud it is this weekend but just trying to avoid being that noob that has no clue what's going on :P

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

usually for competitions it's sealed up with the meter on the passenger side on the windshield about 4" up from the bottom. but i honestly haven't competed before so i'm no expert. just if you pull big numbers with that set up people are gonna respect it a lot more then doing it in the kick or opened up. but again, im no expert

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Yeah that makes sense. It's just that it seems extremely quiet when sealed up, but with trunk lid open + front windows slightly open it sounds like an extreme difference. Just trying to find out if there's a class or something that allows people to have whatever they want open with the mic on that standard windshield position I guess

Depends on what organization they will be using. Or if it's just a meet with a meter you could throw it anywhere

mecacaraudio.com for meca rules

dbdrag is on termpro.com

usaci

And there's a couple more too

Oo, thanks for the sites. Yeah it's just a meet with a meter so I'll probably see how quiet it is sealed up completely and then how loud it is with those things open haha

Archived