Jump to content

Runing components active


01 S-10

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have Mb Quart components rated at 170 rms per side and was considering running them active. My amp is 100x4 and I'm only running 100 watts to each side, but if I run active each mid and tweet will see quite a bit more power. Anyone think there will be problems or can they handle it?

I'm actually worried more about the tweeters

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

What are your Tweeters rated at? Thats what would worry me. you might have to low the gains or -dbs to keep from over powering them. They will shine going active though. I am pushing my T265 comps with a T400-4 at 75 RMS and they sound way better than bi-amped on the same power.

Posted

What are your Tweeters rated at? Thats what would worry me. you might have to low the gains or -dbs to keep from over powering them. They will shine going active though. I am pushing my T265 comps with a T400-4 at 75 RMS and they sound way better than bi-amped on the same power.

That's the thing, there is no rms rating I can find for the mids and tweets individually, just as a pair

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

Well i would contact MB quarts on there ratings then before you go active on that amp just to make sure you dont blow the tweeters. Thats a bit of power. RF rates the T2 tweeters at 75 RMS and thats what there getting and its really loud, lowered the db by -5 on HU and turned gains down just a fuzz.

Posted

Which set do you have

Q series, not the new ones but the ones from about 08 or 09

Also I just looked and the tweeters are 6 ohm so that will help cut the power down a bit

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

Sorry for the noob question...

But what exactly is runnin active?

Thanks!!

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 837 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...