Ampilifier Headroom, SQ gurus please chime in

rambronco

Thanks guys. Looks like I will be upgrading to a 150x4 for my two sets of components, havnt fully decided on brand yet but personally I like the PDX-5 I am currently running so may end up with an F6. I try not to start brand wars, I try and stick with the Basic technology of what im trying to accomplish but just saying the word Alpine PDX im sure there will be some saying "no don't do it" 8). But I do appreciate the replies.

RB

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

Thanks guys. Looks like I will be upgrading to a 150x4 for my two sets of components, havnt fully decided on brand yet but personally I like the PDX-5 I am currently running so may end up with an F6. I try not to start brand wars, I try and stick with the Basic technology of what im trying to accomplish but just saying the word Alpine PDX im sure there will be some saying "no don't do it" 8). But I do appreciate the replies.

RB

Buy whatever you like if you like it, install it right and it will serve you well :)

I'm gonna hate

I love my PDX because of its small footprint and efficiency but I think my class A/B amps have a more dynamic sound at the sacrifice of current draw and install real estate. I loved the way my doors sounded on my Boston GT-2200 it was just huge for my little car. Good luck with whatever you choose.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

The PDX work real well. I know of 1 SQ champion who uses them. He has more power for his front stage then most have to their subs.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived