Planning on buying a receiver from a friend

I've been battling it. found out it doesn't support passive subwoofers.

Built a box for a Rockford punch pro, it's LOUD, and sounds decent. (6.5")

The thing runs super hot, it has a sticker right on it though that says it runs hot and that that is normal.

No surprise that it doesn't have a sub amp, that would be alot of additional power to build into that chassis. You can make your own active subwoofer with some MDF, a driver, and a plate amp quite easily. If you made pro audio sound decent then you are doing good :D As the sticker suggests you shouldn't worry about the heat, for one there is no chance that thing is efficient. For two you have a power supply, amplifier, and amplifier power supply all cooking up in a metal box LOL.

I'm gonna hate

I've been battling it. found out it doesn't support passive subwoofers.

Built a box for a Rockford punch pro, it's LOUD, and sounds decent. (6.5")

The thing runs super hot, it has a sticker right on it though that says it runs hot and that that is normal.

No surprise that it doesn't have a sub amp, that would be alot of additional power to build into that chassis. You can make your own active subwoofer with some MDF, a driver, and a plate amp quite easily. If you made pro audio sound decent then you are doing good :D As the sticker suggests you shouldn't worry about the heat, for one there is no chance that thing is efficient. For two you have a power supply, amplifier, and amplifier power supply all cooking up in a metal box LOL.

i mean. it doesn't sound like high-end home audio speakers, but it doesn't sound like complete shit after changing some crossovers and gains.

I was actually considering doing my own power subwoofer, i have the box and sub i wanted to run already. I just don't know what to get for a plate amp. got a suggestion for under $200?

I'm actually happy, my receiver will keep me warm in the winter months.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

A favorite right at your budget: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=300-752

For a slightly lower budget: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=301-508

The 300W Bash unit on PE is also good.

Wouldn't 500 W RMS for a sub in a bedroom be a bit overkill?

Also, these just bolt to the outside of your box, right? and then a sub connection to the receiver?

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Build your own. What are you doing? You plan to do a full 7.1 setup? The guys over on the partsexpress techtalk forum are pretty helpful.. they gave some good advice on some bookshelfs I built for my brother. They are really helpful when it comes to driver selection/building your crossovers if you tell them your goals or what you want to do.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Build your own. What are you doing? You plan to do a full 7.1 setup? The guys over on the partsexpress techtalk forum are pretty helpful.. they gave some good advice on some bookshelfs I built for my brother. They are really helpful when it comes to driver selection/building your crossovers if you tell them your goals or what you want to do.

thanks! I built some boxes for my Rockford pro's. Of course i will have to replace them, but they're nice and loud, and at least some for now!

I would frequent the buyout area of partsexpress and look on madisound for sales. Right now pe has the 5" full range neo celestion driver for like 15$ if my memory serves me right. I'm on mobile or I would look...i have been toyinv with the idea of doing some three way towers with those and a 10" woofer and vifa tweet.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

• 2 weeks later...

i have one of the older onkyo receivers and i love it right now am running 1 12 and 4 8s on the main channels(3 8s on right 1 8 and the 12 on th left channel). wired down to 1.3-1.6 ohms. got a 400w pre amp going into it and it takes it. has gone into protect mode around 300 rms tho... beastly suround reciever ment for 8 ohm bookshelf speakers lol

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Archived