Planning on buying a receiver from a friend

My friend is selling an Onkyo Tx-nr906. I would like to buy it, but i would like opinions on what i should pay for this in flawless looking condition. thanks!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

32 views and not a reply! well i bought it for $500! i feel like i got an awesome deal!

now what to get for speakers...

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Very nice receiver.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

he's kind of in a bad situation. got a family but no money. I didn't beat him up on the price at all, that's the first price he gave me.

thank you all!

more opinions on speakers?

not looking to spend more than 100 per speaker whether i get 5 or 7 speakers. I've got the subwoofer already.

I don't know your room setup but I have two Klipsch KF-28's for my front channels, a KC-25 for the center channel, and a pair of KS-14's for the rear channels and they sound amazing. They are costly but honestly for how they perform I can't complain about them one bit. The front channels have bi-amp capabilities which I had taken advantage of with my receiver. I only get 120w iirc from my receiver to the speakers but they sound so clear and the front channels really get down in the low frequencies that I actually removed my subwoofer since I never noticed a single difference in the sound when it was on than then it was off. lol. The center and rears are not bi-ampable but I would say if you can get floor standing ones for the front channels at the least and if you can fit it get another one for the center channel. The rears rarely lack any bass so you would be fine with the littler speakers like I use.

Another option would be if you feel comfortable doing it is making your own enclosure and getting your own speakers. Doing this is what I wanted to do but I didn't want to wait until the spring/summer to make them as I had my huge livingroom setup in the fall lol. I was actually planning to sell my Klipsch speakers and build my own setup but they sound so good that I can't get rid of them unless they blow or something.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 2 weeks later...

Build your own loudspeakers. Get some bass-traps. Never buy a receiver again: go Transport -> DAC -> Pre-Amp -> Power Amp -> Crossover -> Speakers with as few of those things combined in one unit as possible. Nothing wrong with an A/V receiver but it is a lot of crap in one place for me and some of them are known to break when they get older. Onkyo makes a very sturdy unit that should perform very well and last you, however. We only use Onkyo and Denon receivers at work when doing high-end home theater installs, and occasionally we sell a Pioneer Elite. Nice purchase and nice price, hope you enjoy the unit and learn a thing or two when wrestling with it.

I'm gonna hate

I've been battling it. found out it doesn't support passive subwoofers.

Built a box for a Rockford punch pro, it's LOUD, and sounds decent. (6.5")

The thing runs super hot, it has a sticker right on it though that says it runs hot and that that is normal.

Archived