2ohm components

gattiboy13

That amp is only going to see an extra 30 watts per channel at 2 ohms and you may not even hear the difference. I would get a larger 4 channel amp or get a second one and bridge them at 4 ohms to your components. I don't see the point of running mid-range and tweeters at low ohm loads. More heat, more distortion (that is possibly audible). Doesn't seem to be worth the effort. Maybe if you had a super duper spl setup with a gaggle of subs but I would still recommend wiring in groups of 4 mids or tweets in series/parallel on a large full range amplifier to get a final impedance of 4 or 8 ohms. Not bashing; just giving it to ya straight :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

• 1 year later...

gonna surface an older post...im on the fence from running two sets of components at a 2 ohm load, or simply purchasing some 2 ohm components. I would think two pair of 4 ohm components=more speakers=more sound and obviously, just purchasing a larger amp that would give me more 4 ohm power per channel would be ideal, just shopping around with some ideas...please feel free to give your .02 here for knowledge, and understanding..so that I can make a realistic educated choice.

2007 Chevy Aveo Ls sedan

2 Sundown Xv2 on scv4k @ .5 ohm

2 pair RE XXX 6.5 components on sax200.4 @ 2 ohm

Big Three, Three runs 1/0 power from front to back, 1 ground front to back

Two runs ground from rear bank to chassis

XS power d3100 upfront, 3 Odyssey 2150s in bank

Singer 220 amp alt

Archived