jason2000ls Posted April 24, 2013 Author Report Posted April 24, 2013 Ya there 12 w7s and I can very easily get 5 cubes out of the trunk , now what I don't understand is how to achieve a 30 hz tune with 5 cubes. Like is there a mathematical formula ?? Hypothetically speaking both w7s in a 5 cube box (after driver displacement) would require a port of what size and length to achieve 30 ish hz tune ? I know ill also have to factor in port displacement ..
jason2000ls Posted April 24, 2013 Author Report Posted April 24, 2013 So with drivers my box is 5.28 cuft bracing will add another .5 cu ft . So I'm at 5.78 cubes roughly. Now how what dimensions would my port be to achieve 30 hz? Either round or slotted.
DylanBunch Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 If you add bracing, you're going to take away the .5 of displacement. Also take away how ever much the drivers are. You dont add displacement lol 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
jason2000ls Posted April 24, 2013 Author Report Posted April 24, 2013 Yes but if I aim for 5 cuft internal volume after displacement how would I not add . The sub takes up space as well as the bracing . So to achieve 5 cuft internal volume with 2 w7s an bracing I would need 5.78 cuft 5 cuft internal volume + the amount of space drivers displace which is .28 cuft bracing is .5cuft this is all basic math ..
jason2000ls Posted April 24, 2013 Author Report Posted April 24, 2013 Can anyone here tell me how much port I need to achieve 30 hz tune,
CaPRiCEx383 Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Only thing that worries me here, Is the face. 30" on the face pretty much sucks. I have the same 30" on 2 12" and with a 3.5" port, I got 0.25" between the subs. Just a little precautionary advice right now, Measure 3x before cuttiing any holes on your baffle. 90 Nissan 240sx Avic z-140bh Audison SR4 Audison Voce 6.5s CDT es-20 tweeters Sundown 1500v3 (2) DD 9510's 3 cube box 2 6" aeros XS Power D2400 & Xp950 Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below. 97 Civic Hatch Build 86 Caprice Build you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion
RobertR Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 BMW 325i Kenwood KVT-647DVD re xxx components re 6.5 FR's 2 RE XXX 12's 2 US amps MD3D's 2 batcap 4k's
jason2000ls Posted April 24, 2013 Author Report Posted April 24, 2013 perfect i will look into this design. is there any benifit in slot ported vs round ports ?? how off is this?? win isd states i need 5.79 cuft after i factor in driver and port displacment and i would need 3 x 4 inch round ports 18.85 inches in length to achieve 30 hz tune. i didnt factor in bracing. anything wrong with this design?? didnt really look totally flat response curve wise was a lil peaky at 38 to 40 hz should i be trying to design a box that plays flat .?? too small to be tuned to 30??? its 5.12 cube common chamber before driver and port displacment ( i can go a little wider on the face if i wanna get creative ) 35 ish inches
cloud77 Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Everyone that I see who have w7s have really pretty boxes, so make sure you add some pretty factor =p 2004 Grand Prix GT (2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2) 5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz MMATS HD4000.05 MMATS SQ4100 Infinity Kappa components Juice Box black cherry Duralast platinum group 34 1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding Singer 250A
jason2000ls Posted April 24, 2013 Author Report Posted April 24, 2013 That I will . I'm hoping to completely seal off enclosure from trunk and run subs forward behind rear seats . Sunday is go day, RobertR is this enclosure built for w7 parameters ? An have you heard a similar setup ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.