Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sorry for the sideways pic. If you look closely at the inner skin of the left cooking chamber you can see the weld heat marks on it and the heat/smoke entrance at the top.

"Why the top?" Because I can. I wanted it to be "reverse-flow" also. Which means in this case, heat/smoke enters the cooking chamber at the top center on one side, and exits on the opposite side at the bottom in 2 spots (front and back). It allows for a more even and consistent distribution.

downloadfile-6.jpg

This pic shows some of the cooking chamber exhaust duct work. Same thing on the otherside...downloadfile-7.jpg

Posted

thats a pretty serious smoker your building, cant wait to see how it turns out!

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.



EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Posted

Thanks guys!

At this point, this bish is getting pretty heavy. Firebox is 1/2", ashbox is 3/8", chute is 1/4" and 1/8", all interior skin is 1/8", exterior will be 14g. Still have doors, racks, and hardware.

I better get this thing rolling, its getting hard to maneuver(sp?) around the shop...unfortunately I had to machine my own hubs. Tapered roller bearings on each end, I like ' em, and they're stout....2011-05-16220129.jpg

Posted

Got to be able to steer it. This is what I came up with.. the large center part has tapered bearings and the ends of the linkage have heim joints so I can align the Dubzzz....2011-05-20193141.jpg

Posted

One door built and hung, drip edge on top...doors are 1" square tube with 1/8" on the inside, 14g on the outside, all tig welded.2011-05-26234137.jpg

All 4 doors, freezer slam latches, 2" ball valve installed...getting close now....2011-05-28053759.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4850 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...