Holy shit, Jay. Awesome fucking cooker!!! I am so damn hungry after those meat pics.

Just for you Orion, I know your a Ford guy, I am too, but did you notice the Malibu, or the Camaro in the background of some of the pics? The Malibu won Drag Week last year, his class. 7.80's on radials, and driving it 1400 miles.

Back in '02 ish I was running 10.80's in a stock-headed '89 GT on the jug....downloadfile-15.jpg

Holy shit, Jay. Awesome fucking cooker!!! I am so damn hungry after those meat pics.

Just for you Orion, I know your a Ford guy, I am too, but did you notice the Malibu, or the Camaro in the background of some of the pics? The Malibu won Drag Week last year, his class. 7.80's on radials, and driving it 1400 miles.

Back in '02 ish I was running 10.80's in a stock-headed '89 GT on the jug....downloadfile-15.jpg

Sweet.

There are no tracks in SoCal any more unfortunately. Well besides Pomona, which is a drive from me. Every time they build one to help curb the street racing problem, the locals get them shut down because of the noise. Ridiculous.

Anyway, Im headed over to Dave's BBQ Pit for dinner tonight, thanks to you. LOL

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

IMAG0332_zpsc6761111.jpg

This is an idea I am working with for two stainless 55gal drums, conceptually what do you think? going to mount it to a trailer and the barrels will swing out and lock into place

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

IMAG0332_zpsc6761111.jpg

This is an idea I am working with for two stainless 55gal drums, conceptually what do you think? going to mount it to a trailer and the barrels will swing out and lock into place

The best smokers using 55 gallon drums are called "Ugly Drum Smokers", U.D.S. They are super efficient, require minimal tending, very cheap to make. Since you already have the drums, all you need is a few nuts and bolts, a grate (if your drums are bigger than 22.5" in dia., you can get new grates at walmart for $16. A charcoal basket, which you can make. If your drum has a removable lid, your set. Depending on how "fancy" you get, you'll need a few more little things, a handle for the lid, maybe a .75" ball valve for the air intake.

Google ugly drum smoker, tons of info. Alot of comp. teams use them, no joke.

Looking at your drawing, the first thing that comes to mind is the firebox and tubing. Will it be stainless as well? Welding dis-similar metals can't be much fun. Next, grease will collect in that tube at the bottom and be hard to clean. You mentioned the barrels swiveling out. Are you wanting them to swivel at the tube on the bottom of the barrel?

The arrows you have drawn won't be the path actually, unless the horizontal line is a baffle. If that is a food grate, smoke/heat will go straight up, and follow the top side of the barrel to the exhaust, probably above your food. You could extend the exhaust pipe inside the chamber down to just above grate level and that will help with that.

If it's a baffle, you won't be smoking anything in the middle.

If your dead set on this configuration, I would do it like this...downloadfile-38.jpg. I'll explain in a minute, basically a reverse flow offset smoker.

Archived