Here is the issue I already have a Skar 4500 and I wanted to build something simple for my wife. Sealed is going to be the box choice. I was wondering should I get 6 IVX D2 12s or 6 IVX D4 12s. Either way I think the amp power is ample, but just wanted some other views.

Skar 4500...something simple...6 IVX D2 12s...6 IVX D4 12s.

I am not impressed... with said simplicity.
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I like it, I just ordered the new VVX v2 10, and cannot seem to wait for it any longer.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

If I wire them Series/Parallel I would get a 1.3ohm load with the D4s and a 0.7 ohm load with the D2s so I guess with that much power on tap I could just run the D4s and hope like hell I can keep the imp/box rise under control as the amp is rated at 2780 at 2ohm and I am looking at 2400rms for power to reach the 400rms per woofer along with that it wouldnt be hell on battery supply either.

On the other hand I could try to help account for imp/box rise and go with the D2s and hope like hell I can support the current draw/want.

Any suggestions?

I suggest you at least go with a ported enclosure if you can fit a proper one in the car. You'd be losing quite a lot of output with a sealed enclosure.

1993 Suburban

6 Crossfire XT3 15s

Crossfire XS-16k

Crossfire mids & highs and amps

65ah Cmax bank

Iraggi 320a and Mechman 300a

Might be a bit much power for just (6) IVX Subwoofers as they are rated at 400 Watts RMS and that's a 4500 Watt RMS Amplifier. Unless you plan on wiring the 6 woofers @ a 2ohm load in which case I think you would be perfect!

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

Might be a bit much power for just (6) IVX Subwoofers as they are rated at 400 Watts RMS and that's a 4500 Watt RMS Amplifier. Unless you plan on wiring the 6 woofers @ a 2ohm load in which case I think you would be perfect!

Sooooo...... Does that mean 6k on 4 vvx's would be too much? Oops.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Ported isnt really an option do to the size/design of the cargo area plus its for my wife that listens to several different types of music so I wanted to keep it simple. Sounds good Kev I guess I will need 6 IVX D4s.

Could tune to 34-35. Seems to be a happy medium for all music. What's max dimensions?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.