Is 430 amps good enough?

Ok, so I did a new build. I bought a 1993 Ford Explorer and walled it with my 2 AA Mayhem 18" D1's. I have them wired in series/parallel at 1 ohm. I have the stock 130A alternator, plus we took off the AC and mounted my 300A Mechman off of my Escalade and I have 5 group 34's... Here's my question. Is my electrical strong enough to keep up with my RD Audio D9 if I drop it to .25 ohms.. I had it wired in my Escalade at .25 on my 300A Mechman and 2 batts, and i had hard voltage drop! I know that with rise and everything, I won't ever see .25 ohms, but this amp requires immense amount of electric at low impedances. Anyways, I was just wondering if 430 amps and 5 batts would be enough to keep the power going to my amp. Thanks for the help! :drinks:

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

You want my advice? Don't run at .25 lol.

If you are insisting on doing so... The amp has a fuse rating of 500 amps. .25 ohms is 1/3 of that so the amp's new theoretical max current draw will be 1500 amps. Divide that by 2 and you get 750 amps since music is a 50% duty cycle.

So no... On paper, it's not enough. Replace your stock alt with another 300+ amp unit then that is getting close to where you want to be

Out of curiosity: Why not get an amp that will do the power you need without wiring it low? It will be more efficient and strain your electrical less. Plus less of a chance of blowing the amp. Yeah, yeah... I know it's a D9... Bulletproof. But still. You run the risk of breaking stuff. .25 is almost a dead short.

What amp do you suggest I buy that can put out the same power at 1 ohm, as my D9 at .25 ohms? I've had it wired that low before, I just had to keep an eye on the voltage and keep the volume down... I haven't bought another 300 amp bc I don't have the money yet. I'm waiting on my paycheck lol. I just didn't know if I could do it and be ok will my batter reserve and alts that I have now. I appreciate the help guys.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Honestly, I've been trying to figure out my next step.. I want 4 18s... Should I buy the 2 more 18s first and run all 4 in series/parallel, and then buy another D9 later? Or buy another D9 now and run each sun in parallel at .5 on each amp? The only reason I want to wire low is so I can obviously get more power.. I have access to more batteries so I could put 3 or 4 more in. But idk what to do. Its racking my brain lol.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

if you want my advice why have an engine just load it up with alts and make your car run off solar power

just fucking with you yeah dont run at .25 daily just do that for a show if you want

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

Guest DC Power Kyle

It takes power to make power. Why not just save some money and get another alternator and run at a half instead of a quarter? That's like welding status.. very crazy low.. but just my 2 cents.

Archived