How can i put car subs in my house?

I have a power acoustic fire and ice 1600w running a crunch fatboy 15"on one channel though,an alpine 3527s running two 12" home stacks and a soundstorm force 500.2 1000w running two 12" power pros with a 1 farad digi cap and a sony hu all running off an xbox 360 supply so it can be done

I have a power acoustic fire and ice 1600w running a crunch fatboy 15"on one channel though,an alpine 3527s running two 12" home stacks and a soundstorm force 500.2 1000w running two 12" power pros with a 1 farad digi cap and a sony hu all running off an xbox 360 supply so it can be done

Just because it can be done doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Certainly not off a cheap xbox 360 power supply, especially not if you are mixing any equipment you have.

Just as if someone would be asking how to make a cocktail.

Everyone tells you not to just add things you like individually

and you come in and respond:

I have made a cocktail with chocolate, grapes, apples, sprinkles oh and I also added some vinegar and tomato's and all that combined with a potato, so it can be done.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

a make shift power supply can fuck you up!! go get a pro audio amp like a crown and a electronic crossover or settle for a 500w plate amp.

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have my subs quite yet, but I want to know how i can install my car radio in my room. I've seen people use computer power supplies but only like single 12's. Would it be safe to do that with 2 15's at about 2000 rms? I've thought to myself that if i just buy a car battery for this purpose how would I keep it charged at a stable voltage? Are there any other methods of safely doing this? This is a relatively temporary setup (about a year) until i can put it into my car, so i don't want to get to crazy with costs. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

GREAT QUESTION! I've been wondering for years about how to do it (safely), and was just about to post this question.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

If you're not wanting to really blow this out of the water you could just buy a plate amp and plug it into the wall socket, instead of a car amp and doing all the weird power supply things.

I've been thinking about doing this too. I looked up the home theater plate mount amplifiers, the largest one I could find was 475w @ 8 ohms / 950w @ 4 ohms. I've been wondering how the computer power supply hook up works and how safe that really is... Because, car subs and amps are much more powerful than home systems for some reason.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

I don't have my subs quite yet, but I want to know how i can install my car radio in my room. I've seen people use computer power supplies but only like single 12's. Would it be safe to do that with 2 15's at about 2000 rms? I've thought to myself that if i just buy a car battery for this purpose how would I keep it charged at a stable voltage? Are there any other methods of safely doing this? This is a relatively temporary setup (about a year) until i can put it into my car, so i don't want to get to crazy with costs. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Here's what you need... http://www.amazon.com/Pyramid-PS14KX-Amp-Power-Supply/dp/B0002JTD20/ref=sr_1_20?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1373125207&sr=1-20&keywords=ac+to+dc+converter

Im going to buy a car amp anyway because i plan on having it in a car eventually. Would something like this work? http://www.amazon.com/Power-Bright-PW2300-12-Inverter-2300/dp/B002AMPGE6/ref=sr_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1366750258&sr=1-13&keywords=12v+converter+to+110v

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

you need ac to dc.

BAHAHAHAHA! This^^ had me dyin! Lol blender in a car....

02 Lexus IS300 (2JZ FTW)

Mids/Highs: JL Audio C5 6.5s all around

Mids/Highs Amp: JL Audio HD 600/4

Subs: four SA-8v2s in 3.8cubes @ 32hz

Sub Amps: SAZ3k

Battery: Huge Interstate Batteries relocated to trunk

About 80ft. of 1/0 OFC....

Head Unit: Pioneer 4200NEX

Archived