good 6.5" mids?

CJSmith

Does anyone know of some pretty good brands of 6.5's or 8's? my budget is $30 or less per midrange. I found some Bass Inferno and Cadence Xenon's. Does anyone have any experience with them? I need some good ideas.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

I've heard good things about Cadence, for the money. What power are you planning on running them on?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Any restrictions on mounting depth? How much power are you throwing at them?

Cadences aren't bad IMO. I'm running Cadences in my car right now and have nothing bad to say. Clean, crisp, and get pretty loud.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Any restrictions on mounting depth? How much power are you throwing at them?

No, I'm fiberglassing my panels so they can be any size and depth, even 8's. As far as power, I'm going to decide and buy my amps based on what mids and highs I get.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Everyone seems to love crescendo, could get their tweets and amps to match too

6.5 pro mid

super tweet

Concerto 1100.4

Could probably find some of them used, too, on the SMD classifieds, car audio classifieds, or maybe even car stereo classifieds.

Or maybe you'd rather go with one of their component sets?

Other PA brands I've seen talked well about here: Selenium, Cadence, Sundown (prolly too expensive), AudioQue/SoundQuebed, Massive audio, Dayton, Rockford Fosgate, Skar, Eminence, Cerwin-Vega (prolly too expensive again), I've even heard people say that the Pyle PA line aint too bad.

There's a lot of options :P

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

You havnt looked at crescendo yet??

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

Everyone seems to love crescendo, could get their tweets and amps to match too

6.5 pro mid

super tweet

Concerto 1100.4

Could probably find some of them used, too, on the SMD classifieds, car audio classifieds, or maybe even car stereo classifieds.

Or maybe you'd rather go with one of their component sets?

Other PA brands I've seen talked well about here: Selenium, Cadence, Sundown (prolly too expensive), AudioQue/SoundQuebed, Massive audio, Dayton, Rockford Fosgate, Skar, Eminence, Cerwin-Vega (prolly too expensive again), I've even heard people say that the Pyle PA line aint too bad.

There's a lot of options :P

I can't speak for their mids but I have owned the C1100.4 and that thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Nothing wrong with it, brute strong, good crossover, but it sounded like construction equipment.

I'm gonna hate

Archived