CJSmith Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 Does anyone know of some pretty good brands of 6.5's or 8's? my budget is $30 or less per midrange. I found some Bass Inferno and Cadence Xenon's. Does anyone have any experience with them? I need some good ideas. *Rebuid in progress*
BobbyG2 Posted April 24, 2013 Report Posted April 24, 2013 I've heard good things about Cadence, for the money. What power are you planning on running them on? *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
CJSmith Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 I've heard good things about Cadence, for the money. What power are you planning on running them on? I didn't really have a set idea on amps yet, but probably 2 amps for mids and 1 amp for tweets. *Rebuid in progress*
SnowDrifter Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Any restrictions on mounting depth? How much power are you throwing at them? ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
kl0wn Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Cadences aren't bad IMO. I'm running Cadences in my car right now and have nothing bad to say. Clean, crisp, and get pretty loud. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
CJSmith Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 Any restrictions on mounting depth? How much power are you throwing at them? No, I'm fiberglassing my panels so they can be any size and depth, even 8's. As far as power, I'm going to decide and buy my amps based on what mids and highs I get. *Rebuid in progress*
CJSmith Posted April 25, 2013 Author Report Posted April 25, 2013 Cadences aren't bad IMO. I'm running Cadences in my car right now and have nothing bad to say. Clean, crisp, and get pretty loud. What about the cheaper Xenon series of Cadence though? *Rebuid in progress*
BobbyG2 Posted April 25, 2013 Report Posted April 25, 2013 Everyone seems to love crescendo, could get their tweets and amps to match too 6.5 pro mid super tweet Concerto 1100.4 Could probably find some of them used, too, on the SMD classifieds, car audio classifieds, or maybe even car stereo classifieds. Or maybe you'd rather go with one of their component sets? Other PA brands I've seen talked well about here: Selenium, Cadence, Sundown (prolly too expensive), AudioQue/SoundQuebed, Massive audio, Dayton, Rockford Fosgate, Skar, Eminence, Cerwin-Vega (prolly too expensive again), I've even heard people say that the Pyle PA line aint too bad. There's a lot of options *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
FosgateLife Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 You havnt looked at crescendo yet?? 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/
8ight Posted April 26, 2013 Report Posted April 26, 2013 Everyone seems to love crescendo, could get their tweets and amps to match too 6.5 pro mid super tweet Concerto 1100.4 Could probably find some of them used, too, on the SMD classifieds, car audio classifieds, or maybe even car stereo classifieds. Or maybe you'd rather go with one of their component sets? Other PA brands I've seen talked well about here: Selenium, Cadence, Sundown (prolly too expensive), AudioQue/SoundQuebed, Massive audio, Dayton, Rockford Fosgate, Skar, Eminence, Cerwin-Vega (prolly too expensive again), I've even heard people say that the Pyle PA line aint too bad. There's a lot of options I can't speak for their mids but I have owned the C1100.4 and that thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Nothing wrong with it, brute strong, good crossover, but it sounded like construction equipment. I'm gonna hate
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.