That trailbrazer alt is a large case alt. Maybe a different year and they used the 2 pin plug? The 2 pin plug Ad series have that X style machining on the front case.

I also noticed this, it is true.

And IMO, since you are adding a second alt, go external regulated and give the PCM the middle finger lol.

Good idea.

I'm gonna hate

I'd say out of those three that it is the Sebring alt.

Thanks man, yeah I think so too.

I just really think the Sebring alt is the way to go. Only one way to find out for sure....

Sounds like it, PCM control is a bitch and a half. Every time I go to do something to my truck (06 Ram) I realize it is a Chysler when it throws me a curve-ball somewhere along the way.

Fuck yeah they are a bitch for sure...

That trailbrazer alt is a large case alt. Maybe a different year and they used the 2 pin plug? The 2 pin plug Ad series have that X style machining on the front case.

Hmm I think your right..

And IMO, since you are adding a second alt, go external regulated and give the PCM the middle finger lol.

Thanks. I thought about that. But if I did, the batter light would be on, and I already have $250 tied up in the MLA, which works GREAT. So I really want to keep it as is, and just add one that the pcm likes. Keep it all stock-like, if I can.

If I have to, I'll just run it separate with an E/R, as a floating system, then I could do 16v and keep the stock 12v too!

Only thing that keeps me from just doing that is the cost of batteries :(

Do u need to for idle or while cruzing

Because you do what the hotroders do and mount them off the diff or rear of gearbox

I follow what you are saying, that would be wild! But honestly I need it for both. I have plenty of room, hell I recently found a bunch more space when I sstarted removing the a/c stuff.

Maybe 3 alts in the future... we shall see!!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Elaborate please.

Well, that's something I have never seen. And why would you want to do that? Take less strain off motor?

Because you do what the hotroders do and mount them off the diff or rear of gearbox

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

If you mount it on diff or rear of box

It only charges while the car is moving

Unless you use a pto system

But that's not happening in a car box

I have seen other way of mounting them off the ringgear but that is just a tonn of work every time you want to change the belt

Elaborate please.

Well, that's something I have never seen. And why would you want to do that? Take less strain off motor?

You will see it on standard cars and hotrods

1st is no room in engine bay and no need for belts

2nd if blown you can't alway drive the alt or water pump

And on some classic cars they like the engine bay to look stock and get the reliability and amps of an alt over a generator

I still cant imagine why you would want to mount it like that? Why wouldn't you want the car to charge all the time?

the choose isn't alway there

If it doesn't fit or can't be driven

Your car won't run,

So you need to put it somewhere

Archived