Second Skin Audio

LF trunk wall guidance.

Agreene

hey guys so ive decided that ima turn around these bitches and wall them off..

2 obsidian 12's at 34 hertz 4 cf box...

skar audio 1500.1

anyways never sealed off a trunk before .. and also still sorta of a beginner into audio.

just looking for a little guidance ...

what can I expect what do I need.. my plan was to use the easiest method haha . only got a lttle area to seal off so was just thinking about foam .. or what ever you guys think,,,,

what do I need to complete this project ( tools. what foam cans etcccc...)

if your read this much tanks.!

:drink40:

*cough* :D

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

haha I looked at your build very clean and nice job... kinda upsetting after looking at this and knowing that I cant get it that good lol =p

so pretty much use as much mdf I can then cover up the rest with foam spray... what foam did you use?

haha I looked at your build very clean and nice job... kinda upsetting after looking at this and knowing that I cant get it that good lol =p

so pretty much use as much mdf I can then cover up the rest with foam spray... what foam did you use?

Basically. Make sure you secure the mdf, just don't let it lay around against the box. But I used the blue great stuff can. I believe the red one works too. Not sure exactly what the difference between the two is.

Edit: And thanks!! :drink40:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

When I did my 10's forward, I did an mdf frame that sandwiched between the car and the box, no foam, just a lot of pressure. Look in my sig, the "2010 Mustang GT DC Audio Build."

EDIT: Forgot how long that thread was. Go to page 24, its where I begin the trim piece.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Basically. Make sure you secure the mdf, just don't let it lay around against the box. But I used the blue great stuff can. I believe the red one works too. Not sure exactly what the difference between the two is.

Edit: And thanks!! :drink40:

also man did you use y splitters in your build? which ones? they look like knu's

yessir. They were these ones here iirc http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLA-1F2M-BK

I have had no noise issues or anything with them, I hear some people saying not to use them. But they were the most cost effective thing for me.

yessir. They were these ones here iirc http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLA-1F2M-BK

I have had no noise issues or anything with them, I hear some people saying not to use them. But they were the most cost effective thing for me.

nice, instead of rca's ( since i only have 2 preouts on HU) i ran my front preout to 4 channel fronts then ran the output on the 4 channel to rear stage. ) works good for me and my other pre out on the hu goes to sub amp

When I did my 10's forward, I did an mdf frame that sandwiched between the car and the box, no foam, just a lot of pressure. Look in my sig, the "2010 Mustang GT DC Audio Build."

EDIT: Forgot how long that thread was. Go to page 24, its where I begin the trim piece.

i like. those 10's are HUGE =P the noodles in your wall off where you get ?

Archived