Second Skin Audio

LF trunk wall guidance.

Agreene

yessir. They were these ones here iirc http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLA-1F2M-BK

I have had no noise issues or anything with them, I hear some people saying not to use them. But they were the most cost effective thing for me.

nice, instead of rca's ( since i only have 2 preouts on HU) i ran my front preout to 4 channel fronts then ran the output on the 4 channel to rear stage. ) works good for me and my other pre out on the hu goes to sub amp

That would work fine, I just want to control my sub amp if I need to, that's why I wanted to use the sub channel so I can turn it down/off through the HU. I'm not very fond of the bass remotes. Heard too many horror stories from them

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Don't use noodles. Cut the panel to fit better than mine, if you want to use the pressure method.

Mine fit good on the sides, but I fucked up the top edge, so the noodles were a quick fix.

okay so after i cut the mdf to fit whats a thick material to cover the edges around the mdf before foaming .. caulk?. ive seen people using a black material what is it called if you know. or is that just black caulk lol

Don't use noodles. Cut the panel to fit better than mine, if you want to use the pressure method.

Mine fit good on the sides, but I fucked up the top edge, so the noodles were a quick fix.

okay so after i cut the mdf to fit whats a thick material to cover the edges around the mdf before foaming .. caulk?. ive seen people using a black material what is it called if you know. or is that just black caulk lol

This stuff? SDC13863_zps15ea1365.jpg

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

If you're gonna foam, thats all you need. If you don't want to foam, then you use weatherstripping (I think that's the black strip you're talking about) to make a tight seal.

EDIT: No idea about the filler rope.

so just mdf and foam the bitch up =P?

Archived