Jump to content

Components cut out.


loudNlow87

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I'm at a stand still. I brought my cousin a set of skar components for his birthday. Got around to puttin them in and they cut out at higher volume. They're on deck power right now til he gets an amp for them. They'll only seem to stay on if I drop the highs down a stupid amount and run the tweet on -3. But even then they'll cut out. Both mid and tweet. I thought it was something goofy with the factory amp, so I ran all new wire from the deck to the crossovers. Same thing happens. I sold him the deck and I ran a 2ohm infinity set on it with zero issues the whole time I owned it so I'm almost sure it's not the deck. I'm going to try running wire from my high amp to his crossovers and see if they still do it just to rule it out. I'm not sure what else it could be. Signal is clean as a whistle.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

It sounds like you have a loose wire somewhere. Factory wire can get crimped or damaged over a period of time. Run your new wire and I bet that solves the prioblem. If not the only other thing I can think of is your overdriving the amplifier in your HU. Get those comps on an external amp. By the by how did you run 2 ohm speakers on a head unit? I didn't even think that was possible.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Posted

i have the skar comp set, at high volumes my tweets cut out also.

they're amped ,knu rca's. read somewhere that the have a poly something resistor,

that when they get distorion or over powered they get hot and shut them down.

ill will be going active next time so i wont have to deal with this.

over all the set sounds great, just not enough of what i expected.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Posted

Yea they seem pretty sharp, when they play. And I did run all new wire. Still same issue. As for the 2-ohm, run them just as you would any other speaker.

'11 Jeep Patriot New Build

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD

Front: Massive CK69 Components

Front Amp: Massive NX2

Rears: Infinity Kappa's

Subs: 8 Sundown SA-8 v2's

Sub Amp: AB 450.1

XS D3100

Come on 150!

Posted

Ive installed 5 sets of the Skar components over the last month with zero issues. All were amp powered and gains set with an o-scope.

2004 Dodge Ram

Head unit- Alpine iDA-x305s

Sound processor- Clarion eqs746

Mids/Highs amp- Alpine MRV-F345

Sub Amp- Alpine MRD-M1005

Dash Speakers- (3) Dayton Audio rs75

Front Door- Skar SPX65c

Rear fill- Skar SPX tweters and Dayton ND140 midbass

Sub- Fi Audio SSD 15 high QTS

SHCA power/ground cables and Stinger interconnect

XS power D6500 under the hood and D680 in the amp rack

Big 3+ with SHCA

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161174-dodge-ram-quad-cab-fi-ssd15-skar-audio-alpine-shca/?p=2326251

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1004 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...