Second Skin Audio

walling 4 door blazer 2 dd 3518s. HELP!!!! LOL.

I am walling off my blazer. Have built a few boxes for it and the pressure just keeps killing them. My last one had corner supports on bottom. Of course top blew. I have decided to just wall the shit off support all corners and run 2×4s across it. And maybe fiberglass corners. I just really need help with tuning and keeping it from busting. I wanna do like a clamshell design. But up and down. Any tips?????

No. Just a shit ton of pressure. More space and more port. Get some more pressure out. Hopefully. And yeah. Liquid nail. Screws ever 5 or so inches. This last one was braced on bottom and top blow. I just got happy and threw the shit in once I got the face on. Lol. Decided to go all out and support it all. Just lookin for tips. I hit 148.4 then the box busted.

No offense, but I see this going horribly wrong. If your having trouble keeping a standard ported box together, the last thing you want is several 100 lbs. of MDF and subs sitting right near your head just waiting to come apart. My advice is build another box that will stay together. If you choose to still wall it make sure you vid it.

Straight cuts, good wood glue instead of liquid nails, double walls on larger unsupported sections, proper bracing, good wood ( MDF, birch ply, NOT particle board) and proper assembly ( I can make a box hold together with 0 screws/nails/fasteners) goes a long way.

Don't use a bad box as an excuse to wall, wall because you want to.

Archived