Sonic Electronix

what should i do? looking to upgrade

I currently have 2 rockford fosgate p2d2 subs hooked up to a kenwood kac9105d amp. I have them in a ported box tuned to about 33hz.

Im looking into upgrading the amp because this one has been nothing but trouble for me. it constantly cuts out on just about everything at random times. it can hold some notes and not others so im just ready to get rid of it. Im thinking of upgrading to a rockford fosgate

t1000

http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-Power-T1000-1BDCP-amplifier/dp/B003AILWGK/ref=sr_1_3?s=car&srs=2530319011&ie=UTF8&qid=1367363121&sr=1-3&keywords=rockford+fosgate

or a

t1500 which is $517 on amazon.

is there any other amps that put out around that kind of power for better prices? or any other recomendations? im on a relatively tight budget but i have some cash to spare. 500 is about the limit.

Thanks for any help

Soundquebed 2200.1 amp. Does more power then it's rated for. I believe is 429.99 plus shipping. Great amp. Just make sure u have the electrical to back up 2-2.5k of power

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Soundquebed 2200.1 amp. Does more power then it's rated for. I believe is 429.99 plus shipping. Great amp. Just make sure u have the electrical to back up 2-2.5k of power

wiring to 2 ohms, that amp should work fine. otherwise he'll fuck the woofers up at half ohm LOL. they're only 400rms a piece.

from what you posted i know why your amp keep shutting down. you have 2 dual 2 ohm subs. i bet they are wired at .5 ohm.. wire them to 2 ohm and you wont have that issue anymore.... not unless you dont have the electrical

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

if youre running that amp at half ohm im willing to bet you are also clipping it. i have ran the lanzar cheap amps at lower recommended load and didnt have any issues. you need the proper electrical to run the amps more efficiently

It's better to shoot for higher end gear as one may need it later... it's just a question of setting up the amp correctly to avoid damaging the subs.

Archived