Sundown Audio

Hey guys i’m new in the car audio stuff and i got some questions about the Sundown Audio ZV4 now when you look at the pre-order of the Sundown Audio ZV4 it says 1750W RMS my question is how much power does the Sundown Audio ZV4 really handles like whats the max power of RMS can it handles so if you go above it your in the danger zone and might blow the sub and is the 18” handles more than the 15”, 12”, and 10” or they all handles the same amount of power.

Edited by AAA

Im sure the size doesn't affect the power handling. But I saw a testing video of 1 12 off a single sundown saz-3500. Being sundown it puts out a little more than 3500 so I'd say 1750 is very conservative. Now with that beimg said, dont put a 3500 on one cause these guys actually know what theyre doing lol no offense

Edited by DylanBunch

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Im sure the size doesn't affect the power handling. But I saw a testing video of 1 12 off a single sundown saz-3500. Being sundown it puts out a little more than 3500 so I'd say 1750 is very conservative. Now with that beimg said, dont put a 3500 on one cause these guys actually know what theyre doing lol no offense

Lol don’t worry i’ll just give it to an audio guy to install it for me i know I’m not good with wires Lol

All the sizes have the same power handling. As for power handling, we don't know yet. I would venture to say maybe 3k, but we will see once more people get their hands on them.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

All the sizes have the same power handling. As for power handling, we don't know yet. I would venture to say maybe 3k, but we will see once more people get their hands on them.

Yeah it better cause I’m buying the NS-1 :rofl2: and i know its a bad a..

Edited by AAA

if you have to ask, just follow the rated power, doesn't take a shit ton of power to get them moving, they're rated at 1750 for a reason.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I think an NS-1 would be a bit much for it.

It's a 3" flatwound coil. Even with good cooling they start to max out around 3500-4k for good daily use

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I think an NS-1 would be a bit much for it.

It's a 3" flatwound coil. Even with good cooling they start to max out around 3500-4k for good daily use

I mean you can tone it to produce the amount of power were the Zv4 can handle it right?

and i’m buying the NS-1 for a two 18” i think thats fair for both subs, what do you think?

Depending on what coil configuration you ordered and what your final ohm load is, should be fine. Especially when you take into account box rise, voltage drop ect. you probably won't be seeing "true" 6500 watts anyways.