What makes "BIG" name batteries better then "NO" name batteries that have the same or better specs

just curious why i shouldn't go spend $99 at Walmart for a battery that has 114 amp hours and if that is what i sould be focusing on when buying a battery and if not then what exactly should i be looking for when shopping for a battery like what numbers to look for and what do they all mean. currently i have a Mechman 270, 2 runs of KNU OFC 1/0, Crescendo BC3500 all i need is some (a) batteries so if anyone has some recommendations on what i need it would be greatly appreciated

1st thing that $99 battery from Walmart is probably a wet battery, that's a bad idea to have inside the vehicle, they vent poisonous fumes. You want a AGM battery for inside their sealed so no fumes.

1st thing that $99 battery from Walmart is probably a wet battery, that's a bad idea to have inside the vehicle, they vent poisonous fumes. You want a AGM battery for inside their sealed so no fumes.

Nobody ever died from inhaling hydrogen gas or oxygen.

However, they have different build qualities. And XS or even a good exide 31 will have nice thick plates that can endure many recharging and sulfation cycles, the walmart battery won't so won't last as long. You ALWAYS get what you pay for when it comes to batteries. A good rule is that the heavier = thicker plates = the better. But a wet battery isn't really any more dangerous than a sealed unless you regularily pour acid into your eyes.

2015 Subaru Outback. That is all, I refuse to touch it.

Nobody ever died from inhaling hydrogen gas or oxygen.

However, they have different build qualities. And XS or even a good exide 31 will have nice thick plates that can endure many recharging and sulfation cycles, the walmart battery won't so won't last as long. You ALWAYS get what you pay for when it comes to batteries. A good rule is that the heavier = thicker plates = the better. But a wet battery isn't really any more dangerous than a sealed unless you regularily pour acid into your eyes.

From inhaling no, but hydrogen gas is highly explosive, and depending on the metal alloy composition in lead-acid batteries, a battery being charged can generate two highly toxic by-products. One is arsine (arsenic hydride) and the other is stibine (antimony hydride).

Archived