Sonic Electronix

lol i would recommend 2 skar audio vvx 12's if you want to stay with 2 12's and a skar audio sk-1500 for the amp and as tdsa23 siad the big 3 upgrade would also help with the dimming

I'm down for anything that would play music lol. I plan on building a box, since the one I have now is already a tad small for the subs and isn't built very well.

Do the Big 3 and see if that helps now. Adding a battery in the back is always great. Set gains correctly also.

Sell the sony xplods you have now, then buy 2 of whatever subs you like and build a box for them. There are people who will help here with that, you can also pay the correct person for his diagrams and you can go that route too. I'd be more focused on the electrical now then worrying about upgrades. Get the dimming resolved and go from there.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Do the Big 3 and see if that helps now. Adding a battery in the back is always great. Set gains correctly also.

Sell the sony xplods you have now, then buy 2 of whatever subs you like and build a box for them. There are people who will help here with that, you can also pay the correct person for his diagrams and you can go that route too. I'd be more focused on the electrical now then worrying about upgrades. Get the dimming resolved and go from there.

This. Electrical is the best place to start. Doesn't matter if you have T15K, it's worthless without the right electrical. Big 3 is a must before anything else.

Welcome to the forums! This is a great place to start learning. I'd still be in the dark if it wasn't for this place. You can learn a lot just by hangin' out and going through build logs.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

Dimming is only on the hard hits when turned up nearly max. Just before sound starts to distort, I have dimming issues. Nothing major, but I'm gonna see what I can do. :)

This. Electrical is the best place to start. Doesn't matter if you have T15K, it's worthless without the right electrical. Big 3 is a must before anything else.

Welcome to the forums! This is a great place to start learning. I'd still be in the dark if it wasn't for this place. You can learn a lot just by hangin' out and going through build logs.

Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow... I'll take care of the Big 3, and then see if I can set my gains any better. My dad was there to help me set gains, and I believe everything is set about where it needs to be.

I'll post back tomorrow after a Big 3 upgrade. Thanks guys.

So at the moment I'm waiting for my dad (who is a mechanic) to get home to help replace everything for the Big 3. While I have some time...

I currently have some 2 gauge from Home Depot laying around. I don't think it's a special "high capacity" or "high strand", it has somewhere around 10 copper cables wound inside. Is this acceptable for the Big 3? Otherwise I have the correct ends for the grounds.

Do you guys recommend adding to existing wiring, or completely replacing the existing wiring?

Just trying to get some advice. I've seen various opinions around and can't seem to get a common answer.

Thanks guys. :)

Welcome to SMD. The electrical is usually the first and best place to start and should not be done poorly or in a hurry. When your electrical is strong you can get high voltage readings to your amps which can get the most out of them. I went above and beyond on my electrical for only running 1600+ watts right now but i have head room and can upgrade amps at anytime. So just do your research and build it strong for anything you throw at it in the future. Good luck, take pics & post them. Keep everyone informed with your progress.

Finally got a look under the hood with some advice from my dad. Gotta run to the store... We're gonna have to completely replace the positive from the alt to the battery, apparently it's a joke of a wire. Gonna have to add some fuses, completely replace both grounds too. Fun stuff. I'll be posting back after the fun has finished. :drink40:

Archived