Second Skin Audio

Fi options and detailed specs

The sub will be a dual 1 ohm. its going to start off on a ZX 2500.1 kicker at 2Ohm and then when i upgrade the power i will rewire down to .5. the electric will be 4 1700CA batteries (2 factory) with a 280A alternator. 280 is the highest i can find with out spending a crazy amount. factory is 223A and thats what im running now. i emailed singer and they said they could make a 4 phase i think? at around 400A but it would be 900.00 so thats a down the road upgrade.

this is in a dodge ram 2500 cummins.

Dude put like a 2x4 on both sides of the sub or get some threaded rod or something lol I dont know shit about box bracing but seriously.... thats overkill for any setup, let alone 1 18. And why .5 ohms for daily? Just wire to 1 ohm so you dont stress your amp and electrical system. What is your electrical gonna be like anyways?

nothing, gutted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not that it will not work, it is just not required and it is reducing the performance potential.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

my goal is to get as much as possible out of this sub, i paid a guy to build my last box and do not feel that a sub box is worth 500.00 nor do i feel that i got the most out of my old BL 18. I would like to get more out of this sub in what ever box that i build than the majority of people will out of the same sub if they were to bring it to a shop for a genearic custom box build.

nothing, gutted

Are you wanting a good design or to learn and do it on your own? I'm almost sure you could have people here actually build a great enclosure. $500 seems kind of steep.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I reallty want to build it myself. this truck is a project truck for me, i have rebuilt my Axles, trasmission, and replaced my interior among other things all with minimal help from others. thus far ive learned how to weld, fabricate, how auto trans work, and soon i intend to learn how to do auto body repair. none of it is profesional but thus far ive been able to get everything done but not with out quite a bit of head ache to be sure. i own every tool i can think of needing for a box build and i have 12 sheets of 4X4 3/4" MDF down in a basement for me to use.

i am looking to make a design, get it approved with help from others and then build it myself. I am open to compensating people for there time but i try to eliminate as much outside labor cost as i can. with the ground up rebuild i have gotten myself into with my truck there is no way i could ever complete it if i paid others to do work for me so i decided early on that i would do everything myself.

nothing, gutted

i had a rough box design on here a while ago, ill try to find a basic picture: this is a concept design, not a final build but the final is the same general setup just a bit different dimentions. its all 3/4MDF,. you can see in the center a ring around the circle, the ring is a peace of hard plastic like rubber that will be attached to the 4 wood stand offs to support the rear magnet.

7dfqyp1.jpg

thats a bit much, use some all thread or 2x4's and call it a day

The sub will be a dual 1 ohm. its going to start off on a ZX 2500.1 kicker at 2Ohm and then when i upgrade the power i will rewire down to .5. the electric will be 4 1700CA batteries (2 factory) with a 280A alternator. 280 is the highest i can find with out spending a crazy amount. factory is 223A and thats what im running now. i emailed singer and they said they could make a 4 phase i think? at around 400A but it would be 900.00 so thats a down the road upgrade.

Dude put like a 2x4 on both sides of the sub or get some threaded rod or something lol I dont know shit about box bracing but seriously.... thats overkill for any setup, let alone 1 18. And why .5 ohms for daily? Just wire to 1 ohm so you dont stress your amp and electrical system. What is your electrical gonna be like anyways?

That amp isnt even 1 ohm stable... good luck at .5 ohms on any electrical system lol

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

it lists itself stable at .5ohm on the website. are they lying? ive read great things about carchendo and i have some of there door speakers in the truck now, i dont have any reason to believe they claim things that are not true. if not the baseclef then what amp should i run the sub from? i dont think a 2500.1 kicker can give enough power for it.

That amp isnt even 1 ohm stable... good luck at .5 ohms on any electrical system lol

nothing, gutted

Archived