Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Custom Tudor Sedan

Looks like I have me a new (old) toy to work on ... a 1949 Ford 2 Door Custom Sedan !!!

I know, i'm primarily a Chevy guy, but this one I just can not resist ... These are my dad's favorite body style cars and he has always fixed them up origional ... Not me !!!

image_url-43297-1367790679.jpg

image_url-43297-1367791019.jpg

It has a Flat 6 in it now that runs great, so we plan to leave the drive train stock until we get the body up to par ...

Just not sure yet as to go with a Ford or Chevy drive train ... guess it all depands on what I can find to fix her up with at that time ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has a 6 volt charging system that will HAVE to be changed to a 12 volt system before any Electronic modifications are done to this vehicle ...

This motor will crank up and run great !!! Just needed a hot battery and a gallon Jug of gas ... We drove it to the work location !!!

image_url-43297-1367792875.jpg

image_url-43297-1367792842.jpg

To date, My dad has restored 6 of these cars (I worked on most of them as a kid) ... He has 2 left, the one he is working on now and this Black one.

It was bought about 12 years ago to be restored and for the most part, work has been done to it, but put aside SEVERAL times for other vehicles ...

He plans to restore the Blue one, but has no intrest in selling the Black one. So, he gave it to me so it would stay in the Family.

Over the years the car has been cranked up and moved around in the yard and has been driven up and down the road a few times, but for the most part, sits under the old tree in dad's back yard just waiting for someone to give it some TLC ...

We've taken a hot battery and a jug of gas out into the field and cranked up his old cars for years !!! Now all of them are gone (primarily cause of his bad health) except the two 49 sedans ... I'm sure down the road that I will end up with both of them but I am definately not wanting to push that issue !!! He wants to see them completly fixed up and restored before he dies (his words) ... But I have plans to customize mine. Just to see how it turns out ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Interior ... Well, there isn't any ... LOL

image_url-43297-1367791221.jpg

What do you think about our temporary gas tank ?? It works !!!

image_url-43297-1367791270.jpg

As soon as the primary things are done to make this a running / driveable vehicle ... This will be my first place to start rebuilding and customizing !!!

As you can see, we have plenty of room to work with when we get ready to set her up for stage and image !!!

This is where we are at now ... Behind Dad's shop on blocks.

image_url-43297-1367791438.jpg

We have the brakes completely tore apart waiting on parts ... we are going to completely rebuild the Master Cylinder and Wleel Clyinders and replace the rubber brake lines.

From what we can tell, the "hard line" brake lines are fine ... For now

Will I ever replace the drum brakes with power disc brakes ??? Yea later when I have the time and money. But for now, the drum brakes should work just fine ...

tuned in for a restor on a classic

Thanks You Sir !!!

Not sure of what color we are going to go with. For now I plan to have everything black primered and Clear coated by October (Car Audio World Finals), and hopefully having the interior completely done with the system for the event (well, atleast to a good stopping point). I do not plan to compete with her at this time, but planning to be in the Linear / Blues Manufacturer's booth for demos !!!

I have all four stock rims at the house to get cleaned up, painted, and get some good used tires on so we can drive it home soon !!!

I will give it some thought ... Thanks

Hopefully this weekend we can get the brakes back together, get the wheels and tires back on, and see about converting this Gal over to a 12 volt system !!! Shouldn't be that complicated ...

I need to get this thing going so I can get her home and started on the body / interior work ... LOTS of Sanding to do so we can determine, cut out an replace bad metal ...

just treat her right and you cant go wrong man

Absolutely ...

I have some really cool Ideas on how I want to set up my Sound Quality system in this car ... Alot of work though.

Go get it bro. Good luck.

Thanks man !!! Gonna need all the luck I can get ...

Great project man!

Gonna keep you busy for sure.

This might be of some help for ideas too.

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/features/1205sr_1949_ford_two_door_sedan/

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived