Raptorman Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 As some of you know I'm in the middle of a build right now, and my pair of 6" aero's arrived today. What I am curious about, is how exactly do I measure port length? Since there are flares, is there a certain part of the flare that I measure from or do I simply just measure the tube length and cut it to the length I want? 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
tacomaguy1 Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 Length with flares connected, there's instructions with them that tell you what you need to cut the middle section to in order to get a total length Team Flex Issues
skittlesRgood Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 when doing any flare you usually measure from the middle of the bend. If I remember correctly, for a 6" PSP port you take away 1.5" from the total length but I would double check that before cutting. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Raptorman Posted May 6, 2013 Author Report Posted May 6, 2013 Okay thanks guys. And I haven't opened the box yet so I guess I'll see the instructions! Haha. Thanks again. 1996 GMC Sonoma Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass 2 Ampere 5k's @ .5 TEAM FI TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said: Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.
321slapinbass Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 I say measure the tube with the flares off , so if you need a 15" long port then make the tube 15" and then put the flares on after. I say this because if you measure 15" total length with the flares on then the tuning will most be higher because the diameter wont be consistent. but yes reading the instruction will help 2000 Dodge Durango Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm Mids + Highs - PRV Audio Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4 Headunit - Alpine CDE-100 Equalizer - Clarion EQS746 Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0 Alternator - Singer 250A 147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash 147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.