Krakin's Single Cab '03 Sierra

I like, I like. What are you powering the VVX-10 with? I forget what me and you talked about forever ago that you were going to push it with.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I like, I like. What are you powering the VVX-10 with? I forget what me and you talked about forever ago that you were going to push it with.

Hah that was looong ago. But It's currently on this kenwood at 2-Ohms puts out supposedly 900watts and this sub is loving it. I can tell that it is struggling right now but lets hope that was with the crappy secondhand (possibly from a lamp) wire I was using.

FA081AB2-8238-46CF-B84E-A2EE9AC2C21F-179

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

After I get the back beautifully fixed up with MDF and carpeted I'm going to upgrade my door speakers.

Got these installed by our local shop as soon as I got my truck. The 6.5" components.

classic-ds-header.jpg

http://www.kicker.com/ds_series

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I have the coax version of those in my doors off my Rockford 40x2, and they scream. They sound great for the price. Our builds are so alike lol. Single cabs, single 10's, GM products. Kicker door speakers and SkyHigh speaker wire(mine ordered and shipped in 20 minutes!)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

I had seriously considered going the Fi route too but I just fell in love with this woofers specs. Maybe one day I'll sell this one to a friend (they love the build so far). And see if I can fit a 15 back there. Only concern I have right now is how to port it. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The bass bug has bit and it bit hard.

On a side note. The top section of the "chrome bumper" (what goes around the grill) wasn't chrome, not a bad thing but just surprised that I never noticed it before now.

null_zps556f560e.jpg

looks good man... love the plasti dip!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

looks good man... love the plasti dip!!!

Me too!! I'll have a picture up tomorrow of it all in the sunlight. Only thing left is to get a shallow black tool box. Gonna find one used in my local area. But back to the dip. I wasn't very sure of how it would turn out which is weird since I can normally visualize stuff like that. But every time I would get a second coat over a new part I would be blown away by how good it looks.

I'll get a better picture of everything later had to take this before school and was late. But thinking the next step is window tinting, dipping door handles and mirrors so the black is the same color, and new black diamond plate toolbox.

null_zps7e05569f.jpg

Better view that lets you see the front bumper too.

null_zps4ed8845b.jpg?t=1368565406

Archived