TRON Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 So, according to my sig, I need a new (different is should say) vehicle. I've been in the market for a used SUV/Truck for a few months and I'm looking at either a four door Silverado, Sierra, or an Avalanhce. I'd like something newer than 2003 with under 200,000kms. Budget is 10k, and there's lots of good local deals and obviously the lower the Kms, the higher the price. Whats do you guys think about high km used vehicles? Say 250k? 350K? I know that typically, you'd expect higher kms to probably require more repair in the future, but what do you guys know about those Vortec engines? Of course a vehicle is an investment so it's better to get the most out of your money. I'm asking because the average price here between say an Avalanche with 150k, and one with 250 and up is sometimes $1k - $3k. Input? Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
LoudBimmer Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 I bought my BMW with 148,000 miles (238,000) on it. Right now it's around 178,000. Been driving it for 3 years now. No major problems, but I always doing a good maintenance on it.
bassaddiction Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 not to be a dick but think about why its 1 to 3 k. if i where u i would get like a 99 or 2002 with like 100000 or 150000, so there still some meat left
Rockford96 Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 id look for making sure the person has all maintenece records and try to find a older person that bought it new.. the vortec motors are nice my grandfather has a 2001 silverado witth just over 200,000 miles on his and nothing major has had to be replaced just maintenence things its a good truck My setup, Digital Designs M80 3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz Kenwood x-696 SHCA 0 gauge Polk audio coax running off hu
bassaddiction Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 btw im selling my 04 1500 with 85k 4.8l 4x4 for 8k its a 2 door tho
TRON Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 btw im selling my 04 1500 with 85k 4.8l 4x4 for 8k its a 2 door tho Well, I want at least an extended cab...need room for a system. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
bassaddiction Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 do a blow threw with 6 15s lol. 8 foot bed there will be room for batts two
Pioneerchuck Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 btw im selling my 04 1500 with 85k 4.8l 4x4 for 8k its a 2 door tho That's ^ a good way to get some attention from the mods bro... But as for the Vortec Motors, if they are maintained properly throughout their life they are great motors and yes you can beat them to hell and they will still run but of course you run into some problems. But yes if you find a vehicle with outstanding records of maintenance then thats what an everday person would look for if theyre not mechanically inclined like others are. However if you know what you're doing then buy what you can afford at the time and go from there, any problem you run into you really shouldnt have a problem with.
TRON Posted May 11, 2013 Author Report Posted May 11, 2013 Yeah but then I need a trailer to haul my toys round. Avalanche Alpine Type S comps Alpine Type S 10'' Alpine MPR-F300 Alpine MRX-M50 Mechamn 270 XS Power d3400s
Hotdog Posted May 11, 2013 Report Posted May 11, 2013 www.autotrader.com if the vehicle is well maintained then I would probably go to 160,000. you get into the 250 to 300 thousand range and you're reaching the life expectancy of most motors. (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.