Sonic Electronix

Ok, here's the deal...My buddie has an 07 Eclipse Spyder and he has $2500 to work with.

He wants DVD/NAV in the dash, no problem.

He wants 2 12's in the trunk...Is there enough room for 2 DD 3512d's plus 2 Hifonics Bxi1606d amps in there. Remember it's a convertible....I have no idea cause I've never seen one of those cars. He's coming to South Dakota from Texas in Dec. for the install. I can't find any pics anywhere of the trunk space. I need to get an idea on what will fit in there before he comes up here and we find out it can't be done.

Does anyone have pics or links to pics of 07 Eclipse Spyder installs so I can get an idea of what will work and what won't??? He don't wanna go too crazy with it...just a nice clean install that sounds good.

May I ask you a surious question?

How are you going to tell how much space you have to work with from a picture? You aint going to know deminsions from looking at a picture, unless the picture tells you them.

Why dont you ask your friend to measure out the max dimensions of his trunk. Id also ask him if more trunk space is used up while top is down, or if he has the same amount of space with the top up or down.

I dont belive the Bxi1606ds are very large in size, you should easily have room to mount them either behind, infron, or on the side of the box some where, maybe on the rear seats if his rear seats fold down, just make sure to secure the wires to the seat so they dont rip out the amp when you fold the seats up and down.

My friend has two 3515s in 4 cubed box, they sound pretty good, I think your friend would be very pleased with the 12s!!  :^

Also, maybe you can ask him to take some pictures of the trunk space too, but Id still get exact measuements from floorboard to rear deck, wheel well to wheel well, and from rear seats to rear of the car. If you get all this info ahead of time, you can have the box all drawn up and designed by the time he comes.

Just a thought. :D

I know since it's a conv, it'll need more just to sound near as good as a coupe would. I have a conv Mustang and I hate it. That's why I wanted to go with the DD 3512d's...But I know they'll need some good airspace to work right. Now that I've seen how small the trunk on it really is...Got any suggestions???

I know since it's a conv, it'll need more just to sound near as good as a coupe would. I have a conv Mustang and I hate it. That's why I wanted to go with the DD 3512d's...But I know they'll need some good airspace to work right. Now that I've seen how small the trunk on it really is...Got any suggestions???

Maybe some 12" L7s, sealed.