I've reached "Sub-life Crisis" an decided to upgrade my current system for the summer, and most definitely the local comps coming around the corner. My plan is to keep most of my gear and try to accomplish SPL an SQL. The clock started ticking an hour ago, so without further interruptions here's my current system:

Kenwood Excelon Head Unit (4v pre-outs)- About a month old

Rockford Fosgate RCA's

Hifonics 1000.4 :(

Hifonics Brutus 1700.1d

Rockford Fosgate p3 12(2)

Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro 6x8(4)

Rockford Fosgate Punch Pro tweeters(2)

Annddddd STOCK Electrical lol

All that nice RF equipment and you power it with Hifonics????

Lmao Smoove your right man!…..I'm gutting them out with this rebuild...I ran into a ground loop issue yesterday... So Im trying to find the source of my alternator whine coming out the speakers so pray for me

All that nice RF equipment and you power it with Hifonics????

Can we see the car and space where you intend on installing it please? First thing to do is the big 3, bigger battery or more depends on the budget, if you have extra cash do the alternator too. Then hmmm, if can upgrade your amps, get rid of the 6X8" 's and get proper split systems. I will comment of sub enclosures after I see space available.

and did I read that correctly, you wanna build a system that will be SPL and SQ?? How are you doing your tuning

Hear I am crying for space for three 12"s and you have this monster. lol. Well it all.depends on your budget, but I will start by replacing the amp's with some RF amp's. If you want major slamming bass change the 12"s for nice set of SMD 18"s. You have the space, bear in mind that you would most definitely need a alternator upgrade and some more batteries. Also would sugest the RF 3sixty. What you planning for vocals and high's? FYI I might be a noob on the form but been in and out of the game since the legendary Mrs gates was whipping those high numbers. Loved her work!

Archived