1200 watts for $56.99! - To good to be true? Cheap amp tested: SMD AD-1 Amplifier Dyno

And what amp is that?

B2 M1

I'm surprised by how many people are surprised by the results. Lol.

i doubt you see 10K and i doubtyour voltage is always at 14.4 or higher...

Actually... I was being conservative. It's more than 10k. And yes... my voltage is fine.

umm...yes its rated more than 10K at 16Volts....but they take a big amount of energy for the amp alone to get it going at full power
It's underrated. And I use caps. I have no amperage or voltage concerns.

for real bro? CAPS? you need a couple of good batteries for that monster of an amp and a HO Alternator...oh wait...you dont need that...you use caPS
Don't think you know who he is or what he means by caps lol.

Back on topic. .

Can I send you an old pyramid amp I have laying around. Would love to see what it does

Edited by corey0928
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Side note: The maximum theoretical power that an amplifier could produce at full clipping (square wave) is double the clean RMS. In the real world it is usually about 30-50% more. So an amp that does 50 watts per channel clean could put out 65-75 watts clipped and distorted to hell. However, the peak SPL wouldn't increase by this same amount, if at all.

Curious how you think these companies that grossly over rate their amps are doing their ratings. You reckon they're just making it up? Squaring maximum voltage?

Simply making it up

So much for CEA ratings

Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166486-alexs-02-intrepid-budget-build/

2 12" SKAR Audio VVXv2 d4 @ 1ohm

vvme qa-d1500

Pioneer Head unit deh-8400bh

2 Kenwood KFC-1693PS 3-Way 6.5"

2 stock sail speakers/tweeters (Infinity premium stock)

Polk Audio DB351 3.5" (upgraded from a factory 2.75" speaker or something weird like that dremeled to fit)

2 Sony Xplod XS-R6944 6" x 9" 4-Way's