Sundown Audio

4 gauge question

gibblegeibel

Ya it never hurts to I have. I have ran 0 gauge with reducers into 4 gauge amp inputs but only when I had the 0 gauge already installed so I just used it with reducers.

What amp are you talkin about specifically? Some amps wont do what they say they will especially with only 4 gauge but I still say the bigger the better with wiring.

Are you talking about the Rockford 1500bdcp's? I would use reducers, plus it would be nice to have 0/1 for the future upgrades. I'm never going with more power in my truck so 4ga fit the bill for me, but I'm on 1300w for subs and have another runf or my 340w in mids/highs.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i have been looking at amps lately an have seen several that say they do about 2000 watts on 4 gauge power and grounds. would it be better to run 0 gauge on one of these amp with 4 gauge reducers?

what amps specifically are you talking about?

it was some of the amps on sonicelectronixs that i found looking at amps and was woundering.

make sure your getting an amp that CEA-2006 compliant to get full power, but thats only on 14.4 volts for most amps... so add an extra battery, big 3 and a H/O alt if ya can. "2000" watts is too much for most stock electrical systems

Archived