Wiring questions

First off I have a soundstream tx1.2000d it has no built in fuses so as soundstream said I put a 200amp ANL fuse about 12in away from the amp. Now here is my question by my battery I also have a fuse but it is only a 100 amp should they be the same size if so easy fix just get another ANL holder. Thanks for help guys

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I was thinking the 100amp was letting less current flow to my amp is main reason I'm asking lol

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

What wiring do you have going to the amp/battery?(if it's 4 guage or lower, then I wouldn't put a 200a fuse on it since the wire will melt before the fuse blows.)

If you do have 0 guage wires, then yes you can use a 200A fuse, you could use up to a 300A fuse on OFC 0 guage wire.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

It is 4 gauge that's what soundstream says to use on this amp with that fuse

141 on music.

You don't fuse to the amplifiers rating, you fuse to the wires current carrying capacity. For 4 gauge a 125A fuse is max if the run is under 20 feet. The fuse is there to protect the wire, not the amplifier.

It is 4 gauge that's what soundstream says to use on this amp with that fuse

4 Guage can't handle 200amps of current. (unless it's a very short run, below 15 inches.)

0 guage (or 2 gauge) can handle up to 300A of current.

The manual said 4-2#, atleast 2 guage if it the run goes all the way to the front or if it's longer then 20inches.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

So the 100 amp I have by the battery is ok I could remove the 200 or use 1/0 wire but the amp has 4 gage terminals

141 on music.

Yes the 100A fuse is fine. To use 1/0 you will need to buy a distribution block with 1/0 input(s) and 4 gauge output(s) or buy 1/0 to 4 gauge reducers. Personally I would use the distribution block.

Archived