Synthetic oil change intervals, 16,220 miles

This is why Oil cost so much nowadays...Oil has improved leaps and bounds, yet people still change it like it is grandpa's car from the 60's? Even the cheapest Dino Oil today lasts 5,000 miles, Synthetic can will last 8-15 K with no issues depending on the formula. Today Oil is a science there isn't anywhere near the percentage of Oil in actual Oil like there used to be, thats why it last so much longer now, they should label Oil for what it is mostly different chemicals that hold up to whatever they are looking for anti-foaming, high rev capability, extreme temps...ect.

3000 miles Oil changes are the past, today's engines dont dirty the oil as much as they used to and the Oil's we use today have so many other chemicals in them you can barely call them Oil anymore. That being said the Oil filter is really whats needs to improve to keep up with the ever advancing Oil formulations.

my jetta had 25k on the last mobil 1 synthetic that was in it. Never an issue , didnt bother with it as my wife used to drive it and "take care of it" I have mobil 1 synthetic that i just put in it like a month ago and at the moment this car moves probably less than a mile a week when i start driving it normally again i'll put a new oil change on it just for shits and giggles but honestly the oil i took out of it was still not even close to as nasty as some of the shit i'd pulled out of my fathers domestics growing up after 3k miles.

Archived