TITUS1985 Posted June 5, 2013 Author Report Posted June 5, 2013 hey Joe, if you get this message I'm having trouble designing a box. I bought another Hertz HX 300 so I'm trying to figure out and enclosure for 2 12's now. I can go 36 inches wide and 14.5 high and then pretty much anything deep. I don't know if this sounds good but I was thinking about doing 36 x 14.5 x 18 inches and that gives me 4.2 cubes about and then trying to tune it 35hz again I'm a little stuck on how long to make the port, or ports? (because I was thinking about having each sub have its own box and port but make it look like its all one box) thanks again.
Joe X Posted June 5, 2013 Report Posted June 5, 2013 The same as above but for two subs, check the notes below the pic: Enclosure Specifications:Fb = 35 HzVb = 3 ft^3External Height = 14 inExternal Width = 36 inExternal Depth = 18.5 inPort Width = 4 inCut Sheet List:* All Dimensions in Inches.* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.External Enclosure Parts:2x Front = 16 x 12 1/2Back = 36 x 12 1/2Left & Right Sides: 17 x 12 1/2Top & Bottom = 36 x 18 1/2Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:2 x Front to Back = 15 x 12 1/22 x Extension = 9 1/2 x 12 1/2 Assembly guide (generic dimensions): Important notes:- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.- The port needs 4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.
AI James Posted June 5, 2013 Report Posted June 5, 2013 these subs like a 1.75 per arrangement from my findings. I'd built for these numerous times.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.