Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Id buy his 350rms v.1 before a kicker

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

how well does the stretched inner tube work? I'd be a bit worried with no roll to the surround.

I'm sure you can get teflon sheeting like sheets of paper, just roll it up and slide it in/over the magnets.

As to your new magnets, can you have a machine shop center-bore them? You could slide a bolt through center to align them while stacking them.

Watch your fingers, that much pull power is liable to break shit if you get your fingers between the magnets during assembly.

Maybe try using bungee cords for the spider. They're pretty cheap and should be significantly more durable.

I'm still working on getting it back together. I must have eaten something last night in my snacking that had gone bad, because I've been sick all night and morning. But I just started working again. I'll see soon enough.

Yeah, unfortunately the tire was 12", and in order to secure it to the rim I had to stretch it as far as possible so there was no room for a roll.

But when it comes to neodymium magnets you can definitely NOT machine shop bore them yourself, unless you own a crapload of expensive milling machinery.

They are way too brittle to just drill into, you would crack it without question. But they sell these types with the holes bored into them, but they're much more expensive, to have been able to get the same amount of magnet pre-drilled, I would have spent about $400. If you machined them yourself I would imagine that you would need A way of bracing both sides of the magnet without cracking it, then you would probably want to start with a 1/32" drill bit, then go up by tiny increments to your desired size. But even if you drilled them yourself, you would remove the coating protecting it from rust, and now they would rust from the inside out with and exposed core.

And I think bungee cords are my next move lol, these rubber bands are pissing me off.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

how well does the stretched inner tube work? I'd be a bit worried with no roll to the surround.

I'm sure you can get teflon sheeting like sheets of paper, just roll it up and slide it in/over the magnets.

As to your new magnets, can you have a machine shop center-bore them? You could slide a bolt through center to align them while stacking them.

Watch your fingers, that much pull power is liable to break shit if you get your fingers between the magnets during assembly.

Maybe try using bungee cords for the spider. They're pretty cheap and should be significantly more durable.

I'm still working on getting it back together. I must have eaten something last night in my snacking that had gone bad, because I've been sick all night and morning. But I just started working again. I'll see soon enough.

Yeah, unfortunately the tire was 12", and in order to secure it to the rim I had to stretch it as far as possible so there was no room for a roll.

But when it comes to neodymium magnets you can definitely NOT machine shop bore them yourself, unless you own a crapload of expensive milling machinery.

They are way too brittle to just drill into, you would crack it without question. But they sell these types with the holes bored into them, but they're much more expensive, to have been able to get the same amount of magnet pre-drilled, I would have spent about $400. If you machined them yourself I would imagine that you would need A way of bracing both sides of the magnet without cracking it, then you would probably want to start with a 1/32" drill bit, then go up by tiny increments to your desired size. But even if you drilled them yourself, you would remove the coating protecting it from rust, and now they would rust from the inside out with and exposed core.

And I think bungee cords are my next move lol, these rubber bands are pissing me off.

Why not a spider,, no one would hate on you lol and it has been proven to work..

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Why not a spider,, no one would hate on you lol and it has been proven to work..

I'm talking about the first woofer, for my teacher. He wants me to keep it all homemade. For my woofer I'm almost positive I'll use a real spider, mostly because I literally can't afford to have a spider I make go wrong and it all screw up lol.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Just to give you guys an idea of how extreme these magnets are.....

Untitled-1_zps70d05a06.png

never seen that before, I didnt know they could legally require it to be anything over 18 lol.............

I missed Alan.

Thats why I said to have a machine shop do it, and you can coat the hole afterwards ; )

I have a milling machine... :P

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Thats why I said to have a machine shop do it, and you can coat the hole afterwards ; )

I have a milling machine... :P

I don't have thousands of dollars of electrical machinery that it would take to coat it lol

This is looking really awesome man! And your school doesn't let seniors out earlier? I got out May 8th and the rest of the school is still in 'til June 6th.

no my school is gay, we get out june 6th too. But its better than every other school around here, most schools with 5 miles don't get out until late june.

I missed Alan.

Alright, guess what's almost complete, and is shaking all the shit in my garage? Yes, I just put some power to it and it works.

It bumps at least 5x as much as the tape, even off the same power. And amazingly, the polarity is correct :)

My problem, there is basically a slapping noise coming from the surround because of how much excursion this thing has, and I didn't glue the thing to the outer rim of the basket.......... So 0-points for thinking ahead.. lol, ad I don't want to risk pulling up one part to get some glue in because I'm afraid it'll slingshot off from somehwhere else and I'll create an even bigger problem and probably throw off the alignment again if I try to put it back on!

Video in 5 mins, but any ideas?

I missed Alan.

Archived