Homemade Super-Neo Woofer: THE CHEVELLE RESTORATION IS DONE, dampener recommendations??

alrighty guys, it's all ready to go, and I'm sure you've been dying to see it. As you can expect, my teacher was in shock. It was ironic because he was showing us this neat trick by putting 2 copper coil solenoids near each other connected to speakers then using an iphone connected to them to play music. He was directly explaining how it worked to me and everything, I was like "oh, I know how a speakers voice coil works, trust me" Then blamo, we went over and powered it up and that thing BUMPED the whole room. He even took a video of it, which he never does for anything......so I can say the A+ is assured................

Ok, I'm gonna go shoot the video now, then upload it. I'm already working on V.2 so I'll give it a quick demo as is now, before I upgrade.

Here's some final pics too:

New Paint:

033-4_zps364a0588.jpg

Seriously considering it LOL

030-4_zps2a41b423.jpg

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

In for the bike tube surround, if you find a tube that the diamter is the same as the diameter of th cone you would be in business, and all you would have to do is split the tube down its circumference.

I know man, I can't find any this small though, needs to be about 12"-13"inch diameter, but the MAIN problem is attaching it. gluing rubber to the cone is veryyyyy difficult.

I'll have to go buy some specialty glue/caulking/silicone probably, because hot glue and super glue have not worked out well.......

CA won't work? Rubber cement like you get in tire repair kits? What if you take some 40grit or 60grit ROUGH sand paper and score the surface of the cone that you are gluing too. What is your budget for a tube, I know they make tubes that small.

CA glue you mean? I'm not sure I haven't tried it. I tried super-glue, gorilla glue, hot glue, and some glue tube my boss gave me. But they all peeled off, so I need to find a way to clamp the rubber to the cone and I believe that some locktite PL would do the trick if I could get it to clamp for about 30 hours.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

In for the bike tube surround, if you find a tube that the diamter is the same as the diameter of th cone you would be in business, and all you would have to do is split the tube down its circumference.

I know man, I can't find any this small though, needs to be about 12"-13"inch diameter, but the MAIN problem is attaching it. gluing rubber to the cone is veryyyyy difficult.

I'll have to go buy some specialty glue/caulking/silicone probably, because hot glue and super glue have not worked out well.......

CA won't work? Rubber cement like you get in tire repair kits? What if you take some 40grit or 60grit ROUGH sand paper and score the surface of the cone that you are gluing too. What is your budget for a tube, I know they make tubes that small.

CA glue you mean? I'm not sure I haven't tried it. I tried super-glue, gorilla glue, hot glue, and some glue tube my boss gave me. But they all peeled off, so I need to find a way to clamp the rubber to the cone and I believe that some locktite PL would do the trick if I could get it to clamp for about 30 hours.

I would use some rough sand paper on the cone, maybe there is a coating you can't see or you just need to rough it up to get some good adhesion. I wouldn't go for the loctite, you need something that really bonds with the rubber. I would try rubber cement honestly, idk though..just spitting ideas out.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I would use some rough sand paper on the cone, maybe there is a coating you can't see or you just need to rough it up to get some good adhesion. I wouldn't go for the loctite, you need something that really bonds with the rubber. I would try rubber cement honestly, idk though..just spitting ideas out.

Yea I planned on using some 38 grit, but I'll go to home depot and check out what they have for rubbers, see what looks best. But have you ever tried locktite PL? Once it dries, it's like a rock. It spreads like caulking but once it dries it's not rubbery. It's hard to explain, it's like a flexible rock almost......which sounds stupid as I say it, but that's the best way to describe it. But I'll see what faster drying stuff they have first.

P.S the video is about 5 minutes from done guys.

I missed Alan.

HELL YEAH! (SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT)

I missed Alan.

video doesn't exist?? D:

been waiting for it lol

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

So how long until I will be ordering your custom home-made subs for my truck? :P

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

video doesn't exist?? D:

been waiting for it lol

Sorry about that, I edited some info? but I don't see why that would change it. either way I just re-linked it, try it out now and let me know.

I missed Alan.

So how long until I will be ordering your custom home-made subs for my truck?

I graduate June 6th. I take orders June 7th. Production hits overdrive June 8th. :detail:

I missed Alan.

Archived