flood77 Posted May 25, 2013 Author Report Posted May 25, 2013 What Kranny is saying is how is the front baffle attached to the enclosures. I understand that the sides of the boxes are acting like bracing, but how is it attached, also, how is the rar of the box attached. Is it screwed just around the outside, glued on? That would be a good thing to check like Kranny said, front and rear surfaces for vibrations. And of course, you could play one sub at a time even though it would probably take a while to do that well after looking at the back piece i don't see any screws and i cant tell about the front without removing the front panel
TeamHT Posted May 25, 2013 Report Posted May 25, 2013 That is 1.85 cubes gross, 1.58 net, 33.6 Hz tuning with the 16" you have listed for port length. I can't understand how that port fits if your internal depth is only 8 1/2". They elbowed the pvc. I really cannot get over how fucked up this "wall" build is. I say take it all apart, and don't play those subs in that crap install. I also say add four more SAs and have a real designer design your wall. So much wasted space and horrible use of the space they did use. It hurts every time I see it. Please stop, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Jessica Posted May 25, 2013 Report Posted May 25, 2013 What Kranny is saying is how is the front baffle attached to the enclosures. I understand that the sides of the boxes are acting like bracing, but how is it attached, also, how is the rar of the box attached. Is it screwed just around the outside, glued on? That would be a good thing to check like Kranny said, front and rear surfaces for vibrations. And of course, you could play one sub at a time even though it would probably take a while to do that well after looking at the back peice i dont see any screws and i can tell about the front without removing the front panell I didn't see any screws either. It may be glued it kinda looks like it from your pictures of the ports, but that might just be clear silicone too. This type of design can work but it uses more space and it needs to be done right. This install looks more like it was built to look good than actually sound good. it really hard and expensive to do both. edit: not trying to hate on you, just saying what it is. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
flood77 Posted May 25, 2013 Author Report Posted May 25, 2013 after looking closure it looks like its stapled not screwed
flood77 Posted May 25, 2013 Author Report Posted May 25, 2013 That is 1.85 cubes gross, 1.58 net, 33.6 Hz tuning with the 16" you have listed for port length. I can't understand how that port fits if your internal depth is only 8 1/2". They elbowed the pvc. I really cannot get over how fucked up this "wall" build is. I say take it all apart, and don't play those subs in that crap install. I also say add four more SAs and have a real designer design your wall. So much wasted space and horrible use of the space they did use. It hurts every time I see it. Please stop, lol lol ez
Joe X Posted May 25, 2013 Report Posted May 25, 2013 Order by: Newest First 0 0 0 0 Those PVCs seems rather near the walls, if touching you might get some rattle right there.
TeamHT Posted May 25, 2013 Report Posted May 25, 2013 I know. But it's true. It hurts seeing this is something you paid good money for. I linked you two BA designers who do phenomenal work who can actually build you something great. The front is beautiful, but that's just hiding all the fail underneath. You deserve a good build. Those subs are beast performers. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
flood77 Posted May 25, 2013 Author Report Posted May 25, 2013 What Kranny is saying is how is the front baffle attached to the enclosures. I understand that the sides of the boxes are acting like bracing, but how is it attached, also, how is the rar of the box attached. Is it screwed just around the outside, glued on? That would be a good thing to check like Kranny said, front and rear surfaces for vibrations. And of course, you could play one sub at a time even though it would probably take a while to do that well after looking at the back peice i dont see any screws and i can tell about the front without removing the front panell I didn't see any screws either. It may be glued it kinda looks like it from your pictures of the ports, but that might just be clear silicone too. This type of design can work but it uses more space and it needs to be done right. This install looks more like it was built to look good than actually sound good. it really hard and expensive to do both. edit: not trying to hate on you, just saying what it is. think i will pull it out,and build the box the same but add more depth to get more airspace and do the port as one big one,i will still be able to use the trim panels doing this
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.