# of woofers = __ amount of mids/highs?

Neckbeard

Does anyone go by a rule of thumb of how many mids/highs you should have compared to the amount of cone you have? or anything like that at all? For instance, 4 12s for low, and 4 2" super tweets and 4 6.5" and 2 8", should that sound good or would it be to much bass?

There is no answer. Sadly, it comes down to your preference, listening style, and equipment. Between comps, coaxs, and PA each have a hundred different options that will all achieve different volumes. Some like PA, others hate it. Comps sound great but in large builds it is cheaper to buy eight PAs and still be cheaper than two comps.

I'm doing eight sets of AQ Pro Audio mids with four of their super tweeters to balance out six 15"s walled in my Chevy. I was stuck between that and two sets of some bad ass comps but like the AQ PAs so yeah.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

There is no answer. Sadly, it comes down to your preference, listening style, and equipment. Between comps, coaxs, and PA each have a hundred different options that will all achieve different volumes. Some like PA, others hate it. Comps sound great but in large builds it is cheaper to buy eight PAs and still be cheaper than two comps.

I'm doing eight sets of AQ Pro Audio mids with four of their super tweeters to balance out six 15"s walled in my Chevy. I was stuck between that and two sets of some bad ass comps but like the AQ PAs so yeah.

you think with the set up i listed it will have good crisp mids/highs without being drowned?

Well it does sound like you have a lot for the mids and highs, which isn't bad, I just don't know your listening preferences. What kind of 12"s and what kind of enclosure on what kind of power? And what kind of vehicle.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived