Alright little update:

Played my truck for about an hour at 80% and my rf t-600 overheated went into protect mode, wich has never happened before. I have played it louder and longer w/o any problems but I realized I usually took my amp covers off and last night I left the cover on and yeah that thing was too hott to touch! My smd temp gauge read 140 on my rf 2500 and that one I took the cover off so yeah they were hott.

I put in an order for some fans a few days ago so I should have some airflow soon!

I also just got done putting in my order for the other RF T2500-1BDCP from sonic electronix. I got a pricematch on it and saved $75 so I'm happy to get a decent deal on it and get sonics services, I've been happy so far with their buisness so I cant wait to see the new birthsheet on this one

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Well I'm freaking stoked! Got one of the the goodun's!

2013-10-02_10-29-52_715_zps6d94fecf.jpg

3548!

Should get my new fans today too so I'll post those a little later.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

So I have 4 of these bigger 60mm fans going in that will be pushing air in, and I bought a crap ton of these little 40mm fans a long time ago that will be pulling the hot air out of the top. Should work alot better.

2013-10-02_19-15-01_215_zps806968ad.jpg

So I'll be putting these in when I rip the old sub box out and put in the new amp and subs in and just do it all in one shot!

Man I can't remember and honestly don't want to go back and look but what are you running on that T600 to get hot enough to protect? I've got my T600-4 wired at 2 ohms on both front and rear and haven't had any problems.

Man that's sweet! Do you know what your other 2500's birth sheet says?

It's over at my parents and I think it was right around 3k? I could be wrong but I want to see it again so I'll dig it up.

Man I can't remember and honestly don't want to go back and look but what are you running on that T600 to get hot enough to protect? I've got my T600-4 wired at 2 ohms on both front and rear and haven't had any problems.

I'm just running 2 sets of t2 6.5's on the front channel and 1 set on the rear for now, going to add another set in the front doors later. It's really my fault, the rack leaves very little room for air in there and it doesn't have really anywhere to go if the faceplate is on. I should have done a cooling sysem on this when I first built it but I was in a hurry to get my truck rolling and didn't have the fans at the time so I get to do them now like I knew I would eventually.

I have a brand new t1000-4ad amp I could use but I thought it would be too much what do you guys think?

The final comp speaker set up will be 6.5's in the kicks rear doors and 2 sets in the front doors then some 5.25's in the dash and rear c-pillars totalling 6 sets of components/12 mids/12tweets. amps I have avaliable are (2)t400-4,(1)t600-4,(1)t1000-4ad

So dug around and found the birthsheet for my other t2500-1bdcp, actually did better than I thought!

2013-10-03_13-18-40_27_zps920b328a.jpg

Also went by home depo today and picked up some mdf, our HD does not have that big of a selection of wood, can't even get 1" mdf here. Let alone birch or maple ply type of wood....smh...so unless I want to drive a couple hours 3/4" mdf is all I can get :( oh well it does the job.

I was going to start on this tonight but lost motivation, so tomorrow and saturday I will be busting away at this. Should have it built and ready for paint by monday.

2013-10-03_18-50-20_718_zps00a05312.jpg

Well I was going to work on the new box but My buddie asked if I was doin anything today and offered to help and so I had him help me with the center console insted, I'm so glad we got done what we did today!

First built a frame for the a/c controls and for the faceplate to mount to

2013-10-05_13-51-20_668_zpsae3317cb.jpg

Then counter sunk some magnets

2013-10-05_16-12-16_334_zpseffdbbaa.jpg

Then 1/4" mdf faceplate and cutouts. The back of the faceplate has 3/4" strips of mdf with matching magnets so it can snap in and out with out using any screws. It's also how my facplates for the amp rack are held on!

2013-10-05_16-54-04_558_zpsea7862dd.jpg

Checked to see how it fit with my dash beezel, and it was good!

2013-10-05_16-55-05_206_zps46294c38.jpg

So with it fitting good went ahead and cut out a few more accessories

2013-10-05_18-03-47_545_zpsa86a600d.jpg

Had to get a new one anyway so I got one with a built in usb charger, then plasti dipped the faceplate of it and the one faceplate of my center console.

2013-10-05_19-05-37_631_zps1f331d83.jpg

little body filler to fill in the finishing nails

2013-10-05_19-32-29_794_zps0d425880.jpg

put it all together and presto!

2013-10-05_20-38-19_390_zps3a199108.jpg

2013-10-05_20-39-12_179_zpsf9d283c9.jpg

2013-10-05_20-39-36_615_zpsfaf99c37.jpg

looks good all lit up, I'm not sure about plasti dip on mdf, I may take this apart and redo it with just flat black, I like the contrast of the flat look of plasti dip and the glossier bed liner. This seriously took almost all day because there was alot of slight angles and alot of measuring and remeasuring, and on top of that I was helping a friend do an install for a t1500-1bdcp I sold him which we got done! Sellin' alot of my old stuff so I can get the new subs ordered :)

Thanks man! Entered system of the month again so if you guys remember to vote there are several nice rides out there so far so don't forget to vote! :)

Archived