BIG UPDATE: TRADING TRUCKS!!!

Yeah so The company I work for is getting my brother a new truck and offered to give me his truck wich s a 2004 GMC Sierra crew cab 2500 with a DURAMAX!! So yeah kind of good timing since I'm in the middle of a rebuild and most of my stuff is stripped out but this also means I have to redo alot of things like wiring deadner and so on but I can swap everything I want out with this truck. Dont know exacty when I will be able to get my hands on it but sometime this month :)

Ive already started making some plans.... hehe! :)

Swapping out all wiring with SHCA, power and speaker wire. Might be doing 2/0 haven't decided yet

Running dual alts ;) (these trucks came with the option from the factory to run dual alts so shouldnt be too crazy, plus I already have another dc spx300 from my sonoma I can use:) )

I dont think I'll be putting rear door speakers in I'll probably just take the 6.5's out of the rears and add them to the front doors and put a set of 5.25's in the top of the c-pillar where the seat belts used to bolt to.

This jus added a shiz ton more work to this build, I dot know if I should make a new thread or not? I mean you wont be able to tell the trucks are almost identicle the are both the same white bodystyle but oh well! If I do chage I'll make sure to post a link to the new thread :)

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Great news man! Congrats! Sounds exciting! Yea post a link if you do a new thread, but I think you'd be fine to keep going on this one. Especially since they're close to the same, sounds like.

Yeah I'm friggin stoked for sure! Been "wanting" a diesel for a long time and I'm super excited to be getting one....do I need a diesel...not really but I'm not going to say no to one haha especially because Ive worked on this one and its only got 120,000mi wich is pretty good for an 04' and also nothing for a diesel ;)!

And the build just got better lol love me some dmax goodness

Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only dirtymax fan out there haha! It's going to be kinda cool being one of the few diesel owners on here. Basically I get this truck and my bro in-law gets my current truck. he is getting a good deal because I took really good care of mine cleanliness wise and the fact I made it a smoother ride, added nice exhaust and it is very well insulated with all the deadner I've added lol! Sadley I'm sure he could care less about any of that, he's not big into custom aftermarket things haha!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Congratulations. ..I'm tuned in again. ....lol... ;) ;) ;)

Thanks "B" glad your still around showing support to everyone even afer you got your trooper to play with ;)

Lol i wana get a old square body suburban and drop a new dmax in it for a shits nd giggles rig. Tons of power and takes a tank to stop em maybe one day my wallet can catch up to my dreams

That would be cool man, although I think I like the 00-07 body yukon xl's the best for a project like that. I dont know why gm didnt make a diesel suv?? I'm no ford guy but I sure woldnt mind having a diesel excursion lol. But none the less a "duraburb" is definatly on my wish list haha!

Lucky lol, sometimes I wish I had bought a diesel to begin with. I'm in too deep in my F150 now lol gotta keep it.

My Build Thread 2005 F150 : 2005 F150 Center Console Build

Center Console - 3.2 cubes @ 35hz

4 RE Audio SRX10s - Pure Audio 3000.1

8 6.5 Soundstream SME.658 - Soundstream TN4.900D

4 NX-5 Super Tweeters

Thanks man! I feel lucky hehe, always been a diesel guy at heart! ;)

So had to do some surgery on my sonoma today and decided to rip out that other DC Power spx300 since it had to come off anyway

2013-12-17_15-08-23_748_zps1b2d5ad4.jpg

2013-12-17_15-10-01_754_zps3b1df195.jpg

Also a shot of the new ride! Haven't got my hands on it……………..yet! haha soon though!

2013-12-17_17-00-22_700_zps31c2ba2b.jpg

Yeah I'll be switching everything over so it will look the same as my truck does now, like the rims, grill, door handles lights mirrors and stuff like that :)

Also decided to call this truck the DbMAX! It was either that or the DIRTYMAX haha I thought DbMAX was more creative ;) I don't know if it will do big numbers but hopefully its just loud lol!

Archived