Havent given any updates in a while but things havent been going as planned :(

Ive had the past two weeks off and havent gotten much done. I bearly got the truck on dec. 26th and its just one thing after another, been helping the parents with stuff around the house then went and visited my gf and her fam then she came down and visited me and my fam and as soon as she is gone I get sick with strep throat!!

Today is the first day this week I feel good enough to walk around so I've been slowly ripping stuff out of my oldtruck but it is a slow process by myself and the fact I'm still recovering...still feel like sh!t. taking lots of breaks but I got the amps,batts,subs seats all out and a few more little things but stll have a TON of work left!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks man! Sorry I havent posted in a while guys but finally feeling good again and I'm back to work!

Got some goodies in, figured I would share :)

SHCA came through fast as always!

2014-01-15_15-19-12_987_zpsa7fe637d.jpg

some fat mat/rattle trap 100sq ft. :)

2014-01-17_15-30-32_871_zps28c5ee7a.jpg

Techflex, red black and black with fire retardant!

2014-01-20_12-08-38_709_zps55019fdb.jpg

SMD AMM-1!

2014-01-22_12-18-47_143_zps2f37af56.jpg

Got my other alternator out so i just wanted a pic of them together...then I noticed the one that was in my sonoma didnt have the dcpower writen in the pulley :( wich means they dont match, I'll have to hit up DC about this lol! Also cant decide but I think I'm going to powdercoat them, cant decide what color though...hmm I think come candy red :) !

2014-01-22_18-03-22_593_zpsf8e1d271.jpg

Other than that I should be finished with the transformation of switching trucks completly tomorrow, which means lots of work lies ahead of me starting with a blank canvas here :) I would take pictures of what Ive been doing for the past few days but its pretty boring and yeah nothing interesting.

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Figured I would just make a small video update to show the trucks are done being swapped, man it was a PAIN especially being still kinda sick as you can kinda hear in my voice in the video but any how.....there ya go!

also a pic of SOME of the power wire and other stuff ripped out lol!

2014-01-25_14-42-44_988_zpsbf782e74.jpg

Yeah that was alot of work but not much to show for it saddly :(

Anyhow I got bored at work and decided to do wash up my truck and figured I might as well de-badge it...I hate the way these badges look on these trucks and they arent that easy to take off even with adheasive remover I still had to do alot of scraping to get all the goo off. Also I am going to remove that chrome strip/door bumper off as well to give it the clean all white look my last one had :) but this is what I got done.

Before:

2014-01-27_14-20-51_553_zps6306a378.jpg

After, still have to polish out the brown dirty outline but it comes off pretty easy.

2014-01-27_14-46-30_104_zps3d64351d.jpg

I was able to save these without any cracks WOOT! I got an idea for these bad boys lol!

2014-01-27_17-52-12_27_zps688e2244.jpg

Had to clean all the goo off the back as you can tell one is clean and the other hasnt been touched.

2014-01-27_17-52-18_366_zpsf5b05da4.jpg

Here's my idea....yeah I dont have a yukon denali, but I like the door panels off of them so I found a full set for a reasonable price, I was thinking about getting a new insert that said DbMAX or something but if my idea works that thats something I dont have to pay someone to do lol!

2014-01-27_18-11-51_742_zps5e1b3012.jpg

This covers all the lettering perfectly! Then leaves some mountains above the diesel part which is fine in my opinion, I like it and will try it out with some CA glue on the rear doors first if it works I'll order two more for the front doors haha!

2014-01-27_18-12-10_864_zpse4aa84be.jpg

Anyway thats all for tonight had a shitty day so I'm calling it...

that looks badass!

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

that looks badass!

Thanks man I thought so myself lol! Keeps the outside clean and makes the inside make more sence. since it is a duramax and not a yukon denali lol!

Progress is progress no matter how big or small. Nice job man, and thanks for the info last night. I appreciate it. Good lookin out! :drink40:

No prob man, hope you get things the way you want them.

So small progress, but I'm glad its done because it's usually a big PITA!! Got the chrome trim all taken off and buffed all the ugly brown dirt stains off with some mother's clay bar and detailer. Works awesomely for that, and picked up some adhesive remover to help get all the gooey doublesided tape off, also well worth it.....still sucked!

2014-01-28_13-53-47_681_zps0f32964c.jpg

2014-01-28_15-53-52_935_zps8e6e1b4c.jpg

this was the sle badge....deleted!

2014-01-28_16-04-34_412_zps6982e1ef.jpg

2014-01-28_16-31-54_776_zpsa2782efe.jpg

2014-01-28_16-31-42_647_zps8775a72b.jpg

2014-01-28_15-37-33_811_zpse41c7a71.jpg

This looks much better!

2014-01-28_16-38-04_844_zps2db64506.jpg

Thats all for today....stupid skunk sprayed our garage andit is horrible to be inthere for more than minute. maybe in a few days I'll start deadening this thing....we will see!

Archived