Grounding to the frame of a Trailblazer

Grounding to the frame is pretty straight forward. Get your wire through the floor either through an existing grommet in the trunk or drilling your own and then adding a grommet. Drill a hole through the frame and then secure the wire to it. Try using some dielectric grease at that connection to avoid rust.

Then up front, run another wire from the frame to the alternator and battery negative.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If its a tbss you can run your grounds right next to the grommet where your compressor on the rear passanger side. I don't know about a normal trailblazer though. I tend to run my grounds on the opposite side of my gas tank so I don't drill a hole in it haha.

I already did the big 3. I will also need a busbar or all my ground inputs. Placement for menus everything because I'm running out of room. I also have an issue with keeping my rca's away from my power wires. Ill post a pic to show my dilemma. I wish I had a second car to drive to let this one sit so I could've done it right the first time.

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

• 2 months later...

I was wanting to know if it is any difference to run a ground from my current grounding point (rear seatbelt bolt) to the frame instead of running an all new ground. Is there THAT much difference or will it cause issues instead of running a straight connection?

Build coming soon

After further thought, this was my conclusion to my question. If I run the grounds to the seat belt bolt, then a run from the bolt to the frame its essentially the same as using a buss bar for my grounds. I dont see why it would be any different, but if it is I guess Ill find out on my own unless someone finally decides to respond on here with their experience :ughdunno:

Build coming soon

Archived