iceman1575 Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 I was woken up about 8AM this morning to my pager going off, for a mutual aid call with our neighboring department (which their district I live in), so I was about to roll back over and go to sleep, until I heard the address. Turns out the house was literally across the road from me, on the side street. Threw clothes on, jumped in the truck, got on the radio and asked dispatch of the numbers, and sure enough I pull up and you can see smoke coming out of one window. The family was outside (a mother and her two 20-some daughters) and said their house was on fire. Managed to make it in and felt the door to be hot, room was full of smoke, so I had them get me an extinguisher (Which turned out to be small aerosol-bottle style ones). Went back outside, gave dispatch an update on the fire, then proceeded to knock the window out, which allowed the smoke to ventilate out the window, instead of increasing the heat in the room, and it gave me enough of a view to see the fire and try to make a quick knock on it. By this point, our other neighbors had brought a couple real extinguishers down and we managed to get a bit better hit (luckily one of them was a former firefighter on my department)...by that time, the Chief and first due engine arrived on scene and knocked the fire down, managed to keep it contained to some clothes in a rack, which after talking to the chief, was started by a candle which had melted and caught the clothes on fire. I did find out later that the Chief told them that if I hadn't got in there and used the extinguishers and vented the room, it could have been a lot worse. I'm just glad nobody was too hurt...I got a little smoke in my face, and a cut on my arm, but other than that I'm fine. Our Chief Engineer works at a fire extinguisher distributor down in the city and I'm going to talk to him about getting a couple small extinguishers for them.Oh and, this is one of those "do not try this at home" things, unless you know what you're doing. Lol. POTATO!
_94fleet Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 good job man. lucky it was so close. B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3
Borris The Blade Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 Nice work bro! They were lucky that your live so close. It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.
iceman1575 Posted June 2, 2013 Author Report Posted June 2, 2013 Nice work bro! They were lucky that your live so close. You aren't kidding. I really think it would have ended up a lot worse had I not been able to show up. POTATO!
Colin - STAPUFT Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 Good job! House fires suck. 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
LT.Smoke Posted June 2, 2013 Report Posted June 2, 2013 Nice work ice Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.