Should I Buy A Cheap Civic?

My friend has this 93 honda civic that has been sitting on jackstands in his garage for the past 3 or 4 months due to him doing all the body work to it, he wanted $1500 before he even started the body work and he was going to want $3000 after it was painted and stuff, so he wrecked his car a few weeks ago and needs cash and told me he would sell the car to me as is for $200, its missing a rear passenger door, hood, and both bumpers because they were dinged up so he scrapped them and was going to buy new ones, its an automatic (I really want another stick but I dk) he said he'd include all the parts he bought which were rear patch panels for the typical honda wheel well rust and the rest of the body work is done, should I buy this thing for $200, like I really would like to but does anyone know how much hoods doors and bumpers run for civics? If I do get it I need to atleast get the hood and the door so its not exposed to the weather, and I'll rattle can the bish flat black, or should I save myself the headache and buy a nicer one in a few months?

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I heard it run, didn't knock, or smoke. The interior is fair, only thing really unsightly is the carpet.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

is it a dx model? or a 4 door coupe?

Also... Parts for civics are easy as fuck to find. Call any junkyard in the world and im sure they'll have 48237432423 parts. I didn't even really have a problem for my 1990 240sx.

www.myspace.com/the240sxproject

WARNING: I SELL PRODUCTS AND DONT DELIVER THE MERCHANDISE!!

It's a 4 door, not sure if its a dx.

I want to get this, but with my dad being in the hospital its kinda hard to make decisions like this without him being around you know? If I bought it without his aproval he might get mad since I bought a beater again lol.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

civics are never considered beaters they are the perfect gems to style and mold the way u want them to be. i say buy it u wont be dissapointed

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i would buy it and then go down to a local scrap yard and pull you a hood and door off a wrecked on.. they should not cost u but another 200 to 500... hondas are great on gas and they never have many problems unless the person never does a tune up or anything.. and if the carpet is bad pull it out... and then just put in new when u get the money

If it runs and you can get a hood and a door very soon , then go for it. bumper covers are easy to get , and depending on where you live you might get a ticket for driving without them.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties