What are possibility causes fuse power blown?

Recently I this afternoon I had to buy a new fuse for my red power battery because it got blown when I was bumping song after adjusting with gain and fixing the wiring, and grounding after had some cut off issues. I saw my fuse looks fine I didn't expect that was it but it was so I checked with my DMM and showing result no voltage at all although fuse doesn't looked like it snapped out but kinda smokey inside the glass.

So I went to autozone buy a 60A fuse but they were sold out so instead I got 50A should be fine for now, anyway I check with DMM and it was getting voltage I was glad it was the blown fuse not my amp!

I just got this stereo system installed like 2-3 months ago by a professional for me although it has been cutting on and off many times sometimes rarely but last night it got worst and going in protection mode had to force restart the car to reset the amp. That why today I rewired everything scratch off the paint grounding which is why was barely getting any connection.

Anyway can anyone give me points what are possibility caused blown fuse list most as you can so I can dig the problems if it ever happen again..

I haven't checked my headunit about the "remote wire" people have talked about. I know the remote wire is for kill switch on amplifier.

I am using 1800W Kenwood 9105D (don't tell me kenwood sucks... I know it does but I"m happy still solid and loud at 2 Ohms stable 900 RMS)

Also I'm using 2 12 Kickers CVR at 2 Ohms came with the box never touched the wiring inside the subs.

I am using 4 gauge power wire/ground wire.

My voltage on car battery isn't that great but it at 14.40v but when bass hits I'd say it goes to 11-12 volts... not very accurate just my estimated guess lol.

Lights don't dim but I can see very extremely small amount light trying to dim but it not, HID lights still solid and bright when bumping!

That pretty much information I can given you... whatever causes my fuse to blown I would really like to know before it ever happens again.

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

A short thats it.

Btw if it cuts out how stable is it at 2 ohms

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

A short thats it.

Btw if it cuts out how stable is it at 2 ohms

A short meaning there a wire loose somewhere? I guess it the remote wire back of my HU then...

What you mean how stable is at 2 Ohms, I'm sorry? What I can tell you that Kenwood is stable at 2 Ohms all day bumping... most of the time. It gets hot after 2 hours but no protection mode... from my experiences.

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

Or pulling too much current as well. Your remote has nothing to do with it though.

You keep saying it cuts off. If it cuts off its not really all that stable imo

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I ran my 9015D for months at 1ohm. BUT, they run hot and they will cut out after about 20 minutes at full tilt. I set the gains on my 9105 with a dd-1 and it helped a lot.

Here is the key thing, Many amps will allow you to clip a bit and they will be fine, but even a soft clip makes that amp pissed. Those amps are power hungry too, I had voltage drop nearly as bad with that amp as i did with a skar 1500.1.

I would say upgrade your battery to alternator ground and power. Upgrade the battery to frame ground. And add a second battery. Do it all in 1/0 wire.

Also, buy a couple 12v fans and have them blow on the amp.

Or pulling too much current as well. Your remote has nothing to do with it though.

You keep saying it cuts off. If it cuts off its not really all that stable imo

Its the grounding was before because when I checked the grounding I saw it wasn't paint off so I sand it nicely and I can see clean silver stainless and I was able to bump for half an hr at max volume with certain voltage for my gain settings not a problem at all until then fuse got blown after that.

Your gain is more than likely too high and it sounds like you are pulling too much current as N8 said. What size is your power/ground wires it might be too small or CCA. CVR subs are not the most efficient either they tend to be hard on an amp. You are using a 50 amp fuse in line on your power wire on an amp that has 90 amps of fusing. If you fuses pop its usually a short but if you are melting fuses its because you are pulling too much current or your fuse holder is shit and introducing resistance causing heat.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I ran my 9015D for months at 1ohm. BUT, they run hot and they will cut out after about 20 minutes at full tilt. I set the gains on my 9105 with a dd-1 and it helped a lot.

Here is the key thing, Many amps will allow you to clip a bit and they will be fine, but even a soft clip makes that amp pissed. Those amps are power hungry too, I had voltage drop nearly as bad with that amp as i did with a skar 1500.1.

I would say upgrade your battery to alternator ground and power. Upgrade the battery to frame ground. And add a second battery. Do it all in 1/0 wire.

Also, buy a couple 12v fans and have them blow on the amp.

Would it be just okay if I just buy yellow Optima battery? I can't really afford getting alternator at this moment my car has 150amps Alternator anyway... seems pretty good enough for 1800 watts.

Your gain is more than likely too high and it sounds like you are pulling too much current as N8 said and your fuse and/or power ground wire is too small or CCA. CVR subs are not the most efficient either they tend to be hard on an amp. You are using a 50 amp fuse in line on your power wire on an amp that has 90 amps of fusing. If you fuses pop its usually a short but if you are melting fuses its because you are pulling too much current or your fuse holder is shit and introducing resistance causing heat.

No...it can't be high because I just used DMM this morning to do 40hz test tone 1800W square roots 2 Ohms = 60 voltage but according to DMM stays at 60.8 volume at 32 out of 50 but I'm not going any further 32 volume only less 30 for safety to keep current flowing. I think the amp fuse is for power based on 4 gauge = needs 60A it came with the wiring kit. I don't risk going over it.

Also according to this site http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-ohm.htm

I did some math and it says need 30A amperage which is way over the limit.

Stop saying 1800 watts. Its a 900 watt amp at best.

I would look for a Deka Intimidator series battery. It's an agm and the prices are good.

You can look here

http://www.remybattery.com/

And sears sells Die-hard AGM for good prices too

Archived