Second Skin Audio

sundown audio

whats up fellas. so I have a 1980 impala and I want to be crazy loud. I have 4 re sex 12s but I really haven't tried them in that vehicle yet. the thing is I want a sealed box because of the flat response. was thinking of 3 sa 15s or 3 hd3 15s in a sealed box. should I keep my re 12s? Im not trying to start a vs thread. however im trying to get info on how these work in sealed. for amps I will be starting over, I was thinking 2 audioque 2200 or audioque 3500. money isn't an a issue. any info or opinion will be greatly appreciated. thanks

for sealed the sa will probably work out better, the hd3's take alot of cubes.. pretty much as loudness.. what ever gets you the more cone area i.e the 4 12's. as of the re sex 12's dont know if thats the best option on a woofer. if you could go with another brand of 12's that would be the loudest.

Will i risk damaging the sa 12s in a sealed box? What about the hdc3? Do anyone have any experience with these

No ir fine in a sealed box with the SA

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Some people don't like the way the back wave of subs sounds, and most people should not build ported boxes unless they know what they are doing. 9/10 people who try to build their own ported get it wrong, but most people can build a sealed pretty easy.

Plus, i find it annoying as hell when people say "build ported its teh besterest" then when asks for help to build it it, all they get is "build boxes until it sounds right, sthp axin for free desings noob"

There is a shit load of info here for someone to learn how to build ported but most of it is the same old tripe of build small for over rms, build big for under rms, and make the port 12-18sqin per.

Yep, that is the range i have heard from various people. That is ridiculous.

Archived