Sonic Electronix

Battery Almost Exploded... Help.

Ok so for any of you that have read my past threads my system has really been fucking up. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=16977

Anyways, other than it sounding half as loud for most of the time I try to play music, my fucking positive battery terminal started to glow hot red today and spark. Then I heard a really bad whining noise and I almost want to say it came from my battery in the back but I am not sure. Im really confused about whats wrong and if anyone could help me out just a bit I would appreciate it. Could is possibly be a bad ground? Let me know.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I think a bad ground would be a good place to start, but I don't know. Just check all connections wire for wear in plastic cover

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

I think a bad ground would be a good place to start, but I don't know. Just check all connections wire for wear in plastic cover

Ill check, but its brand new 0g knukonceptz fleks which really should not be worn at all. I ran it along in a very safe spot, concealed, etc. Im honestly afraid to get back into my car untill I know 100% what the problem is.

teamsundown-1.jpg

im not really sure what could be causing this besides overcharging, which i find HIGHLY unlikely, or maybe you have a splice in your power wire somewhere and its arching causing it to become really hot, and glowing red....idk...

i likes me some audio stuff...

im not really sure what could be causing this besides overcharging, which i find HIGHLY unlikely, or maybe you have a splice in your power wire somewhere and its arching causing it to become really hot, and glowing red....idk...

I was just going to suggest that because when i had a power wire rub through a seat bracket it was glowing orange you did run fuses right

Edited by Aaron813

I was just going to suggest that because when i had a power wire rub through a seat bracket it was glowing orange you did run fuses right

Yeah I'm fused in the back and in the front, but I am frustrated up to the point of just selling my system now. Just got in my car and it was bumping sounding about how it used to then I turned it up and boom bass just hops back down and wont go back up.

teamsundown-1.jpg

do you have a dmm? test the power wire out in various spots to check the voltage....or ground the negative lead to something with the positive lead on the power wire and see if there is continuity...if there is, then theres ur problem...idk....if it were me i would just re-trace every wire as thoroughly as humanly possible to try and find the problem...

i likes me some audio stuff...

do you have a dmm? test the power wire out in various spots to check the voltage....or ground the negative lead to something with the positive lead on the power wire and see if there is continuity...if there is, then theres ur problem...idk....if it were me i would just re-trace every wire as thoroughly as humanly possible to try and find the problem...

So I am looking at my install and I am fused twice between batteries, once in the front and once in the back, but I am not fused between my amp and battery, and I am not sure if my ground is on the chassis, could this cause the following problems I'm having? (red hot positive terminal on battery, sparks on positive battery terminal, bass sounding very weak periodically?)

teamsundown-1.jpg

regardless of anything else, GET A FUSE between the battery and the amp - or you could be buying a new amp soon too.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties