Which alarm system to go with? What do you have?

I hate not having an alarm system on my truck and want to get one soon. I will be installing it myself so I wanna find one that will work well with tahoes as far as installation and use goes....I have been looking at the vipers, specifically the 3303...Any advice, installation tips, etc. is appreciated! One of the biggest things I'm lookin for is a system that is going to be able to play nice with the factory system/equipment, and it would even be nice if I could use the factory keyfob if it can be integrated!

I drive a Jeep without a top or doors on so I'm probably not the best person to answer this, but the only alarm system I would ever use is Viper...or LoJack if that counts.

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

I have the Viper 5702 and I love it. Remote start and good distance with alarm. Installed in a 2012 Sierra.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

So I bought the 5704 viper system and I also got the omega OL-MDB-ALL bypass and just got it flashed yesterday. I've wired up the bypass to the viper, and I'm going to start wiring after work today ......first time doin an alarm wish me luck :ehh:

doesn't look bad at all. if you don't already have, gotta have a multimeter, wire stripped (from multi size), t-taps with male spades, and electrical tape to do it right. if you don't have access to directechs, here is the wiring diagrams

page1_zps24a18f04.jpg

page2_zpsd13610ea.jpg

page3_zps3bb562e7.jpg

have fun. gonna need some resistors too when connecting the accessory wire from the alarm because it also act as a second starter on the vehicle as well

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

if you know its too difficult to wire up everything, just send it in to a shop (a reputable one), a mistake can be VERY expensive to fix.

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

doesn't look bad at all. if you don't already have, gotta have a multimeter, wire stripped (from multi size), t-taps with male spades, and electrical tape to do it right. if you don't have access to directechs, here is the wiring diagrams

page1_zps24a18f04.jpg

page2_zpsd13610ea.jpg

page3_zps3bb562e7.jpg

have fun. gonna need some resistors too when connecting the accessory wire from the alarm because it also act as a second starter on the vehicle as well

Awesome of you to provide him the info. But whatever you do DO NOT T TAP OR SCOTCH LOCK IT!!!! far more trouble than its worth in the long run. it doesn't take any longer to do it right and SOLDER ALL CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!

I have the CrimeGuard 830i8 and love it.

Just another option.

TEAM SOUTH Bassahaulic Productions

The ONLY Bright Atlantic Blue DiamondBoxx L

Drew Jones
Bassahaulic Productions

4 SSA ZCON 15"s
2 Sundown SCV-6000's
6 AGM G31's

161.6 @ 40Hz Outlaw
159.8 @ 36Hz Legal

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

page1_zps24a18f04.jpg

page2_zpsd13610ea.jpg

page3_zps3bb562e7.jpg

Awesome of you to provide him the info. But whatever you do DO NOT T TAP OR SCOTCH LOCK IT!!!! far more trouble than its worth in the long run. it doesn't take any longer to do it right and SOLDER ALL CONNECTIONS!!!!!!!

you are right, solder > t-taps. but after using t-taps on 100% of my alarm install so far, I have not had one problem with any connections. there are ways to do it right the first time using t-taps (strip wire 1/32 of an inch, depending on wire thickness, pinch the teeth or cut the teeth wider for solid connection, and clip t-tap onto tagging wire).

edit - and one most important reason why I don't use soldering on alarm install......you may never know what that solder gun will touch with shit ton of wires and panels in your area, and if you are in a VERY VERY tight spot, last thing I need is soldering.

edit #2 - I just noticed that last post was 4 days ago........were you able to get it installed op?

Archived